• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Salvador cross picture

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
I am looking for a good picture of the San Salvador cross. As you all can see, from my posted pictures, my shot was not taken on the best of days. I plan on having a water color done as a remembrance.

Joe

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Joe,
You are very welcome to use one of these if they are of any use to you.
All the best,
Helen

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That is really a beautiful picture , fortview. My walks on the Camino del Salvador pre-dated this cross, so I have another good reason to go back.

Joe, will you let us see the final product? Sounds like a wonderful holiday gift for your favorite Salvador fan!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Beautiful blue sky Gunnar!
Just as the Salvador is my favourite camino so far, so is this section of the forum by far the best!:)

Aw, thanks Susanna ! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oh, my goodness. My computer didn't let me see the second picture when I first looked at your post, fortview. That is an astonishingly beautiful photograph. You should enter it in some sort of contest!

BTW, the two pictures you have look like they were taken at very different times of day. How did that happen?

Hi Joe,
You are very welcome to use one of these if they are of any use to you.
All the best,
Helen

Helen:

Thank you very much for the pics.

I have been sending a favorite shot from each of my Camino's to Catherine McCoy and she has been producing a water color. I plan to frame them as a remembrance of each walk. My pics from the Salvador were not to good. It must be nice to walk in shorts on this route.

She has already done two for me. One from the bridge in SJPdP and one of the Cruz de Ferro.

Gunnar:

The detail of the cross might be beneficial. Thank you.

Joe

Oh, my goodness. My computer didn't let me see the second picture when I first looked at your post, fortview. That is an astonishingly beautiful photograph. You should enter it in some sort of contest!

BTW, the two pictures you have look like they were taken at very different times of day. How did that happen?
Thanks Laurie,
I know, amazing , especially considering they were taken on a mobile phone, not a camera! Just lucky with the light and the weather. The first one , the sun was behind us, and the second one, is looking back, so I guess that explains the difference. It was still quite early in the morning.... We were blessed on that walk :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back