• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Salvador in April

Cliff175

Time of past OR future Camino
April / May Camino Frances 2013
Portuguese Camino May of 2014
St. jean to pomplona, - Santander to Oviedo, SAN Salvador to Leon , to Santiago in 2015
2017 March -- VDLP Seville to Santiago
Would anyone know if the San Salvador Camino would be closed due to snow ? I know the Napolean route is closed at times, just wondering if same would apply to San Salvador. If I decide to walk it would be late April.
Thank You

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We are planning to start out from Leon on April 21. From reading, there has been snow in the past, We plan to be flexible depending on the weather.
There were pictures on Facebook Camino del Salvador group of snow near the top last month.

We walked the Salvador this past February. There was very little snow on the tops, also there is an alternativo if the high mountains are affected by bad weather.
We loved the walk and hope you will too.
¡Buen Camino!
Simon and Debbie Andrews

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, it would be impossible to close the whole of the Camino Salvador in the same way as the Napoleon route is closed. But when you are walking end of April it is very advisable to check the weather conditions shortly before walking. There may be snow, there may not be. When I walked (in May) most of the snow was gone. But walking (particularly between Bueza and Pajares) in snowy conditions is not cool, and in fact dangerous.

There is a Spanish pilgrim now walking El Salvador & yesterday was at Bueza, actively snowing and took the old road to Pajares (no vehicles traveling because of the snowstorm. He made it with the help of the locals, several bars were open, he was very cold. You can follow him on the FB Spanish language Camino del Salvador. Screenshot below.

Attachments

• 3CAD06DF-6D01-4D4E-9EA7-A3C0A46B34ED.jpeg
    3CAD06DF-6D01-4D4E-9EA7-A3C0A46B34ED.jpeg
    366.9 KB · Views: 16
Thank You for your advice,,,
I have walked the San Salvador,, Oviedo to Leon ,,was difficult to see the fletch coming North to South,,, became disoriented In good weather,,, certainly is a Camino you have to have a heighten respect for,, I have time to decide
Thanks Again
Cliff

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back