Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims
By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign

Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Using iphone or iPad? Add forum icon to your home screen. Here is how to do it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Over 10 years of Camino Q&As in one place. Sign Up and plan your camino with us. It's free!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

San Salvador in May?

Discussion in 'Camino del Salvador' started by gayle m, Feb 26, 2017.

1. gayle m

gayle m New Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    France's-2014
    Francigena-2015
    Norte-2016
    Two questions:
    1. Will there still be snow on the trail in mid-May?
    2. Is there a way to arrange backpack transfer along this Camino?

2. peregrina2000

peregrina2000 Moderator Staff Member Donating Member Donating Member

Hi, Gayle,
    Welcome to the forum. Mid May is likely to be clear, but it always pays to keep an eye on the Camino del Salvador facebook page for updates. What I would do is walk to La Robla and get up to date info from the hospitalero there.

No backpack transfer that I know of, but I saw a group last year that had their packs taken by taxi. I think the cost would be about 1 euro a km.

IngridF likes this.
  3. cbcrna1

cbcrna1 New Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    NONE
    I am planning to walk a camino in May to June 2018. My first priority is that it be a spiritual journey. I am a 60 year old woman, who may be walking alone. I am training up until the time I will walk. I am also refreshing my Spanish. I am considering doing the Del Salvadore to Primitivo to the last leg on the Frances. Is this a good choice? It sounds to me like the Frances might be too crowded for me. Any thoughts?

camino07 likes this.
  4. handzondeck2

handzondeck2 Active Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    CF (2003,2004); VdLP(2006,2010); Portuguese (2009,2010); Madrid (2012); VldP (2015); Madrid, San Salvador, Primitivo, Inlges (2017 TBA)
    Hi Gayle I'm walking the San Salvador in early May and at the moment te problem area is between Buiza ande Arbas del Puerto in the Romero's Pass. Hopefully, it will be clear in May. I agree with Laurie ask the hospitaleros for information on the next stage. I'm using Ender's guide (very informative) and am a member of the FB group Camino del Salvador. Buen Camino.

5. Kanga

Kanga Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Francés (2001, 2003, 2004, 2015 and 2016), Le Puy (2009, 2010), Arles (2011), Tours (2012), Norte (2015) VdlP (2017)
    @cbcrna1 I've just moved your posts to this thread, because they seem to be about the same thing and I think it may be helpful to you. I have not walked the San Salvatore, which I believe is very beautiful and very solitary and very mountainous. Are you an experienced hiker?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017