• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Salvador in May?

gayle m

Time of past OR future Camino
France's-2014
Francigena-2015
Norte-2016
Two questions:
1. Will there still be snow on the trail in mid-May?
2. Is there a way to arrange backpack transfer along this Camino?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Gayle,
Welcome to the forum. Mid May is likely to be clear, but it always pays to keep an eye on the Camino del Salvador facebook page for updates. What I would do is walk to La Robla and get up to date info from the hospitalero there.

No backpack transfer that I know of, but I saw a group last year that had their packs taken by taxi. I think the cost would be about 1 euro a km.

I am planning to walk a camino in May to June 2018. My first priority is that it be a spiritual journey. I am a 60 year old woman, who may be walking alone. I am training up until the time I will walk. I am also refreshing my Spanish. I am considering doing the Del Salvadore to Primitivo to the last leg on the Frances. Is this a good choice? It sounds to me like the Frances might be too crowded for me. Any thoughts?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Two questions:
1. Will there still be snow on the trail in mid-May?
2. Is there a way to arrange backpack transfer along this Camino?
Hi Gayle I'm walking the San Salvador in early May and at the moment te problem area is between Buiza ande Arbas del Puerto in the Romero's Pass. Hopefully, it will be clear in May. I agree with Laurie ask the hospitaleros for information on the next stage. I'm using Ender's guide (very informative) and am a member of the FB group Camino del Salvador. Buen Camino.

@cbcrna1 I've just moved your posts to this thread, because they seem to be about the same thing and I think it may be helpful to you. I have not walked the San Salvatore, which I believe is very beautiful and very solitary and very mountainous. Are you an experienced hiker?

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back