• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

San Sebastian or Bayonne to SJPDP, June 11, 2022

tmustelier

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2017
Hi, I’m Teresa and I arrive in San Sebastián at 1 pm on 6/11/22.

If anyone would like to share a taxi from the airport to SJPDP, let me know. If you would like to share a taxi from Bayonne to SJPDP, I would be interested as well.

My current plan is to walk to Hendaje and catch the train to Bayonne. There is no rush as I will have to take the 6pm train from Bayonne to SJPDP as there are no trains between 2pm and 6 pm and I will not make it to Bayonne in time for the two pm train.

The bars around Hondarribia are supposed to be amazing and the walk is pretty, I hear, so I will snack my way to the Hendaje train station…. I will post this on the ride share forum as well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Teresa.

We have been to Hondarribia many times - including just a few weeks ago. Many of the tapas bars may be closed in the mid afternoon but it’s a lovely town to wander around in any case. Be sure to go to ‘the high town’ as well.

The SS airport is a short walk to Hondarribia but Hendaye station is about a 5 km walk in the opposite direction as you have to walk ‘around’ the harbour, ie you will be walking away from Hondarribia.

Another option is the small ferry shuttle that goes from Hondarribia to Hendaye (only takes about 5 mins to cross). From there you will need to walk about 3.5 kms to the station. The ferry goes every 15 mins in summer.

A third option is after your visit to Hondarribia, walk or take bus to Irun Colon station (about 3-4 kms) and take the euskotren to Hendaye. The train station is right next door.

You may already know all this … but just in case.

Enjoy. 😎

Hi Teresa.

We have been to Hondarribia many times - including just a few weeks ago. Many of the tapas bars may be closed in the mid afternoon but it’s a lovely town to wander around in any case. Be sure to go to ‘the high town’ as well.

The SS airport is a short walk to Hondarribia but Hendaye station is about a 5 km walk in the opposite direction as you have to walk ‘around’ the harbour, ie you will be walking away from Hondarribia.

Another option is the small ferry shuttle that goes from Hondarribia to Hendaye (only takes about 5 mins to cross). From there you will need to walk about 3.5 kms to the station. The ferry goes every 15 mins in summer.

A third option is after your visit to Hondarribia, walk or take bus to Irun Colon station (about 3-4 kms) and take the euskotren to Hendaye. The train station is right next door.

You may already know all this … but just in case.

Enjoy. 😎

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks so much.

I will likely walk to the Hendaje Station with a stop in Irun on the way. I may skip Hondarribia though I understand it is a really nice city.

I have picked out a place to eat in Irun. It is on the way to the Hendaje station and gets great reviews for both the cheesecake specialty and the Charred Foie de Gras, tow things that are specialties in this part of Spain and that I am excited to try.

Thanks again for giving me all these options . The ferry is something I did not know about!

If you have the time, Hondarribia, known for its gastronomy, is a smaller town, well worth a wander and, in my opinion, a much more picturesque and interesting town than Irun. The ferry ride is a treat. But either way, you will be on your way to a new adventure, so … enjoy. 😎

Last edited by a moderator:

If anyone would like to share a taxi from the airport to SJPDP, let me know. If you would like to share a taxi from Bayonne to SJPDP, I would be interested as well.

My current plan is to walk to Hendaje and catch the train to Bayonne. There is no rush as I will have to take the 6pm train from Bayonne to SJPDP as there are no trains between 2pm and 6 pm and I will not make it to Bayonne in time for the two pm train.

The bars around Hondarribia are supposed to be amazing and the walk is pretty, I hear, so I will snack my way to the Hendaje train station…. I will post this on the ride share forum as well.
Why not take the train from Bayonne to St Jean peid de port?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Passport control is Lisbon was a mess and missed connection to Madrid. Messed up the original transportation to SJPDP. I am now on the 15:05 Madrid train to Pamplona and it arrives at 18:28. If anyone would like to Taxi share, that would be wonderful!!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back