• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

san sebastian to sjpp

Kate&Mike

Hello all

Have just joined the forum. Very excited. We want to arrive in sjpp on Sunday 16th Sept to begin our walk. Does anyone know the best way to get there from San Sebastian?

Thanks

Kate

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Kate,

I suggest taking the bus from San Sebastian to Hendaye. You get off the bus at the Hendaye train station and buy a ticket all the way to SJPP, I think for something like 12 euros. You'll get off the train in Bayonne for a change of train.

Good luck!

Mark

Thanks Mark. Do you have any idea how long it would take via bus from san sebastian to SJPP? Or where to find a timetable (in english). I have heard that there are very few connections on a Sunday - which is when we are travelling?
Is there a train from Hendaye to Bayonne? Lots of questions I'm sorry -but am having trouble finding timetable info on the internet.

Thank you

Kate

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ooh, where is Grant when you need him? Grant, are you out there? Let's help Kate find out the train timetables to Bayonne.

Sorry Kate, when I went to SJPP last year it was a Friday. Yes, traveling on a Sunday can be challenging. What I know is there is a train that starts from Hendaye (it's on the border) that goes to Paris and the rest of France. This train stops at Bayonne where you can change trains to SJPP, but you can buy your ticket at Hendaye (last year it was 13.5 euros all the way). The train to SJPP leaves Bayonne around 1230-1 pm if I remember correctly.

Hendaye to SJPP around 3.5 hrs including the waiting in Bayonne. I suggest planning to arrive in Hendaye at around 9 AM.

Try a search for SNCF timetables. I hope this helps.

Mark

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you everyone - will just get to Hendaye early on the Sunday morning - there has to be a train at some stage!!

See you on the road

Kate

Hi Kate! Yes there is a train at Hendaye. It's better to pick it up in France as opposed to San Sebastian, so you won't have to wait at the French/Spanish border for a French train to come along & pick you up. :) The buses are fine in Spain, so don't worry!

Kelly

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back