• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sanabrés from March 20

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Hi
I’m returning to complete the way to sdc.which I started in apr2019 from Sevilla.
I’m picking it up from Tábara on the Sanabrés and I haven’t got a clue whether there is a ‘possibility’ of areas that may have ‘Snow’ problems.
I’m expecting it to be very chilly but would like to know whether I should expect snow at all.

could anyone relate their experience of this route in this period please ?

Thank you
Annie

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If it helps, I walked in May/June 2019 and while it was pleasant during the day it became cold during the evenings. I relied on a sheet instead of a sleeping bag, and regretted it. Much of the region is a 600m high plateau, so snow cannot be ruled-out in March.

If it helps, I walked in May/June 2019 and while it was pleasant during the day it became cold during the evenings. I relied on a sheet instead of a sleeping bag, and regretted it. Much of the region is a 600m high plateau, so snow cannot be ruled-out in March.
Thanks Karl - info is ‘always’ helpful for others walking at that time. I turned around on May 8, so have a feel for that month. I’m going regardless in March this year but would like to be for-armed (re further along )..
It was a great way as far as Tábara tho.
Buen camino
Annie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Annie,
I was there end of April 2018 and had some heavy snow showers at Padornello and a bit of snow the next day proceeding to the galician border. As I understand you, you will be there in early March. So be prepared for some snow in the mountains. But I don´t think that the camino will be covered by snow for a longer period.
The public albergues in Lubián and A Gudiña were well heated.

Ultreia!

Hi Annie,
I was there end of April 2018 and had some heavy snow showers at Padornello and a bit of snow the next day proceeding to the galician border. As I understand you, you will be there in early March. So be prepared for some snow in the mountains. But I don´t think that the camino will be covered by snow for a longer period.
The public albergues in Lubián and A Gudiña were well heated.

Ultreia!
Wow thanks for info. Good to know. Yes I will be walking in March from 20th.
I have checked Sara Dhoomas video @Sara_Dhooma ; also, and country looked ok then so it may be a lottery. It’s a ‘possibility ‘ though. It seems that in 2018 there came a late chill. The posts I have been reading in past few years often quote good weather earlier and wetter or colder later in the season. So definitely a lottery.
Annie

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back