• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sanabres 2023 03

nmont

Time of past OR future Camino
Cpi
Next couple of weeks i'll be in the Camino. Starting in Zamora or Salamanca.

Some questions if you can help:

Planning to go direct from Granja de Moreruela - Sta Marta de Tera, skiping Tabara. Does anybody did it? Straight forward is around 35km but i wanted to know if it is possible to do it in terms of path.

Any updated info on these albergues? Open/closed, your experience...

Albergue de peregrinos de Santa Marta de Tera
Albergue de peregrinos de Mombuey
Albergue de peregrinos de Requejo
Albergue de peregrinos de A Gudiña
Albergue de peregrinos de Verín

Thank you in advance.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did last April. I googled the route on googlmap and it look pretty easy.
But I came to a place, where there was a sign that said private. I didn’t dare to walk that way, so I walked straight forward. And that was for me not a good idea. It was very small paths, tracks from traktor. I looked at my phone 100 times to find the right way and I found it so tiresome to find out when I were.
I think you can do it, just skip the way I did.
Otherwise try Wikiloc, I saw some track’s also Zamora to Tamara.
Good luck and buon Camino, B05722935-4DDA-4E4A-8FCE-5A7C379AE00C.jpegA555E300-E9CE-4DD1-BE76-830266C313BB.jpeg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We did it in Feb 2019 and used the Trail Smart app and the Dutch fraternity map downloaded to Maps.me. (I understand many are now choosing to use Organic maps instead)
We had no problems at all and it was one of our most fabulous walks.
Buen camino.

Firstly, trying to walk a Camino using Google Maps really is not a good idea. Google Maps will try to send you on the shortest route it can figure out from its algorithm without any regard for the route followed by the Camino.

Secondly, what you're proposing is doable, if you're used to those kind of distance then it's shouldn't be an issue. The terrain around there is easy going and mostly flat.

As regards albergues, latest updates here: https://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pages/updates

Are you sure you want to bypass Tabara? It has one of the best Albergue experiences on the entire camino. Another great Albergue not to be missed on the Sanabres is the wonderful Villar de Farfon.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you all for the replies. Great info.
Depending on the available time (days) i'll try a speedy camino and next year come back with more ease.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.