• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sanabres 2023 03

nmont

Time of past OR future Camino
Cpi
Next couple of weeks i'll be in the Camino. Starting in Zamora or Salamanca.

Some questions if you can help:

Planning to go direct from Granja de Moreruela - Sta Marta de Tera, skiping Tabara. Does anybody did it? Straight forward is around 35km but i wanted to know if it is possible to do it in terms of path.

Any updated info on these albergues? Open/closed, your experience...

Albergue de peregrinos de Santa Marta de Tera
Albergue de peregrinos de Mombuey
Albergue de peregrinos de Requejo
Albergue de peregrinos de A Gudiña
Albergue de peregrinos de Verín

Thank you in advance.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I did last April. I googled the route on googlmap and it look pretty easy.
But I came to a place, where there was a sign that said private. I didn’t dare to walk that way, so I walked straight forward. And that was for me not a good idea. It was very small paths, tracks from traktor. I looked at my phone 100 times to find the right way and I found it so tiresome to find out when I were.
I think you can do it, just skip the way I did.
Otherwise try Wikiloc, I saw some track’s also Zamora to Tamara.
Good luck and buon Camino, B05722935-4DDA-4E4A-8FCE-5A7C379AE00C.jpegA555E300-E9CE-4DD1-BE76-830266C313BB.jpeg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We did it in Feb 2019 and used the Trail Smart app and the Dutch fraternity map downloaded to Maps.me. (I understand many are now choosing to use Organic maps instead)
We had no problems at all and it was one of our most fabulous walks.
Buen camino.

Firstly, trying to walk a Camino using Google Maps really is not a good idea. Google Maps will try to send you on the shortest route it can figure out from its algorithm without any regard for the route followed by the Camino.

Secondly, what you're proposing is doable, if you're used to those kind of distance then it's shouldn't be an issue. The terrain around there is easy going and mostly flat.

As regards albergues, latest updates here: https://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pages/updates

Are you sure you want to bypass Tabara? It has one of the best Albergue experiences on the entire camino. Another great Albergue not to be missed on the Sanabres is the wonderful Villar de Farfon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all for the replies. Great info.
Depending on the available time (days) i'll try a speedy camino and next year come back with more ease.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back