• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sanabres Camino via Verin

Perejil

Hi peregrino
I'm thinking of walking the Sanabres Camino for the first time ever this year. The back of my napkin plan is to start in Verin, where relatives live, and conclude in Santiago in 7 or so days. I'd also consider starting before Verin to extend the Cameno experience.
Ive searched the internet and found some information on the route but little on the Verin deviation. Im Australian and I know Verin and the surrounding area but not the Camino path.
Are there any tips or things you 'must see' or 'must do' along the way.
Also the logistics on the Sanabres way. How far apart are Albergers? I'm hoping to walk 20 to 30 km per day and stay in Albergers.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I walked this route last year starting in A Gudina walking the southern route via Verin and it was very well marked. This was my route, I think this section is about 115 km and then about another 110km from Ourense to Santiago.
A Gudina in albergue
A Gudina to Vendas da Barreira hostel
Vendas da Barreira to Verin albergue
Verin to Viladerrei albergue
Viladerrei to Sandias albergue
Sandias to Allariz hostel although I later found an albergue in Allariz which is definitely worht a visit
Allariz to Ourense albergue then on the normal vdlp route.
I did walk in winter so it was very quiet.
Liz

Thanks Lis,
I found a great PDF flyer on the Cameno detailing all the Alberges along the way:-

A Gudina
Verin - my starting point
Monterrei - been there
Laza
Sandias
Velar de Barrio
Xunqueirde Ambia
Ourense - been there
San Cristovo De Cea
Castro Doson
Bendoiro
Camping Medelo
Veda
Monte do Gozo
San Lazaro

Next Ill look into how far apart each stop is

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,

Page 33 of this downloadable booklet shows the distances to the next Albergue on both variants of the Sanbres through Galicia.

I walked Verin to SdC via Sandias in 2007 and have driven a lot of the area on the Laza variant. Both very pretty.

The Verin to Sandias stage is very long. I'm not sure if there is any private accommodation in any of the villages on that stage, maybe in Xinzo de Limia?

Buen Camino.

Mig

Thanks Mig
I also see from the booklet that there is a Northern and Southern pass out of Verin, which was not shown in the list I made the other day. Inspirational photos in the booklet too.
Choices choices which road to take.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back