• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sanabres Guide

Karl Oz

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Francigena (2023)
Hi, Is there a guide of the Sanabres available, either on this forum or elsewhere? One with a map, accommodation, interesting facts etc, but excluding the VdlP to the south. I know Peregrina2000 just published one for the Inverno just this month, but it appears now that I may have enough time for the Sanabres. Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Is there a guide of the Sanabres available, either on this forum or elsewhere? One with a map, accommodation, interesting facts etc, but excluding the VdlP to the south. I know Peregrina2000 just published one for the Inverno just this month, but it appears now that I may have enough time for the Sanabres. Thanks.
Hi, Karl,
I think that the gronze website is all you will need. The Sanabrés from Zamora to Santiago is well-traveled, well-marked, and a great camino to walk. Even if you don’t read Spanish, the important info is obvious. Gronze starts here: https://www.gronze.com/etapa/granja-moreruela/tabara

Antonio Retamosa also provides helpful background info (in Spanish) and a PDF guide:
Information about each stage
PDF of Albergues

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you P2000 and Raggy.

I was planning the Inverno, as you know, but due to some serendipity and aligning of planets I think I now have about 13 or 14 days at my disposal, which should allow me to complete the Sanabres, which was my original intention.

And Gerald Kellys guide on the VLDP also covers the Sanabres ,,, and there is a new free PDF version out now ,,,, thanks Gerald

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Peregrino Online app does a Sanabres only app and it is in four languages.

There is a walking guide by Gerald Kelly, published last year 2018. Caminoguide.net
Both via de la Plata and Sanabres. i am using it in June this year to walk from Zamora to SdC.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just dropping in to say that the guidebook to the Plata and Sanabrés is now at the press, and that the apps have been updated. The book is in Ivar's shop, and mine too, and the links to the updated apps are below:

iOS

Android

Just dropping in to say that the guidebook to the Plata and Sanabrés is now at the press, and that the apps have been updated. The book is in Ivar's shop, and mine too, and the links to the updated apps are below:

iOS

Android

iOS

Android

I am leaving the USA for Seville on March 20. Is there any way I can get the Wise Pilgrim guide to the Via de la Plata here in Massachusetts before I leave???? I went to your website but I couldn't tell how it will be mailed and from where so I don't know if it will arrive before I leave. I'd LOVE to have it -- can you help?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am leaving the USA for Seville on March 20. Is there any way I can get the Wise Pilgrim guide to the Via de la Plata here in Massachusetts before I leave???? I went to your website but I couldn't tell how it will be mailed and from where so I don't know if it will arrive before I leave. I'd LOVE to have it -- can you help?

Given the timeline, it might be a bit tight. But both Ivar or myself could easily send it to your first night's stay in Sevilla. We both ship from Santiago.

Given the timeline, it might be a bit tight. But both Ivar or myself could easily send it to your first night's stay in Sevilla. We both ship from Santiago.

Thank you so much for this suggestion, though it makes me a little anxious. I think perhaps I just have to face not having it this time. But I will be walking the VdlP in three sections -- the middle third in September 2019 (and the last in May 2020) so I will order it from home and have it for sure (with time to study it) for the second two sections.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back