• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Sanabres live

Bunclody1

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2013 C Francis
June 2015 C Norte
September 2017 C Primitivo
August 2018 Via de la Plata
Hola peregrinos, greetings from day 2 of the Sanabres. I walked from Moreruela to Tabara yesterday ,25k, and it rained all day. The albergue in Moreruela is closed so I stayed in the donative in Zamora and got a taxi to Moreruela to start at 9.45 yesterday morning. ! Nice Albergue in Tabara and met a few other peregrinos who were good fun. Today it’s 23k to Santa Marta de Tera, looks like I will escape the rain. In general it’s quiet but the locals are very friendly/ hospitable. My walking companion has injured his knee and will get a taxi the last 10k, hopefully it will not prevent him continuing. The stage description on Gronze says tomorrow’s stage is 36k, I don’t think I will walk that far, maybe 26k to Rionegro de Puente. I’ll let ye know my decision, depends if I’m feeling energetic. I haven’t booked any accommodation in advance so far !
Buen Camino, John.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Don't forget to see the oldest sculpture of Santiago (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the photos) at the town church in Santa Marta de Tera.

Rionegro del Puente is a nice 27 km and it is worth a stop just to eat at Me Gusta Comer (again scroll down to see the food). The albergue there is very nice as well. But if you decide to continue onward to Mombuey, maybe stop in Rionegro for lunch? Chef Teo serves up an amazing 5-course meal that will not disappoint!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola peregrinos, greetings from day 2 of the Sanabres. I walked from Moreruela to Tabara yesterday ,25k, and it rained all day. The albergue in Moreruela is closed so I stayed in the donative in Zamora and got a taxi to Moreruela to start at 9.45 yesterday morning. ! Nice Albergue in Tabara and met a few other peregrinos who were good fun. Today it’s 23k to Santa Marta de Tera, looks like I will escape the rain. In general it’s quiet but the locals are very friendly/ hospitable. My walking companion has injured his knee and will get a taxi the last 10k, hopefully it will not prevent him continuing. The stage description on Gronze says tomorrow’s stage is 36k, I don’t think I will walk that far, maybe 26k to Rionegro de Puente. I’ll let ye know my decision, depends if I’m feeling energetic. I haven’t booked any accommodation in advance so far !
Buen Camino, John.
If you can call in for coffee at the Villar de Farfon. It is an amazing albergue and Dorothea is a lovely host. It only has four beds but is absolute luxury.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So I continue walking and was looking forward to some tapas along the way but both restaurants I saw were closed 😢 It’s a nice day though and I have water so it’s all good. I’ll walk to Rienegro and day dream about my beautiful dinner later, thank ye for the suggestion. After the bread and cheese last night I deserve a treat 😋My friend walked with me for 10k but has got a taxi for the remainder of the journey as his foot/knee is hurtIng him. I did see the statue in De Terra, beautiful church and garden. I’m really looking forward to my lunch/dinner, I’m starving !

My God ! Well that meal exceeded expectations, it was delicious 😋 Excellant service and great price 👍Not sure what’s happening tomorrow , my friends leg is still playing up, he’s talking about quitting. Don’t blame him really if he’s in pain, that’s no fun ! I suggested walking poles and supports, he hasn’t decided yet. Placios de Sanabria is around 30k, anyone any thoughts on that ? Any other good albergues or restaurants I should try to visit ? I really appreciate your views 👍 Sitting off here now in the square, it’s sooo quiet, blue sky, beautiful . ! They seem to be renovating the church, I’ll try to visit later. Buen Camino 🙂

@Bunclody1 we did not make it as far as Palacios de Sanabria, as I also was struggling with an injured compadre. We made it 23k to Entrepeñas and stayed at the Casa Rural Las Peñas del Corredor (247/+34 676 653 466). Dominga, the owner keeps her place stocked with beer/wine/beverages for a very small fee and will go to town for you and bring you back an amazing and inexpensive dinner to have in her home. Or, she will get you groceries if you would rather cook yourself. She even gave us an historical tour of the town! It was special indeed, as her family has significant history here. She does not speak English, however, but you could still communicate. She is very, very friendly and helpful! There is another Casa Rural there now that wasn't two years ago. It is the Casa Rural Azul Sanabria. See our day four on the Sanbres, to have a look.

We did a shorter day, so that it was only 18 km to Puebla de Sanabria, which is well-worth your while to spend some time here. The views from the hilltop to the river are fabulous, and the mirador restaurant, the, Hotel Rural - Sidrería La Guaja is a lovely place to take a meal. The medieval streets are a treat to walk down and the medieval fortress is quite stunning in itself, not to mention the views from the rampart walls. Perhaps you can meet your friend there for a day off - you would not be disappointed, if you are not in a hurry. If you go all the way to Palacios del Sanabria, then it looks like you will only have a lunch break in Puebla de Sanabria. IMHO that would be a shame as there is so very much to see!

I do not know much about Palacios de Sanabria, but there is only one accommodation there the Alojamientos Carrero, which is where I imagine you are planning to stay. There is not much to this town, so my vote, again is stay in Puebla de Sanabria. The private albergue Casa Luz there is quite nice! Otherwise, it is a relatively expensive tourist town. You can see why this place is so popular, by clicking here!

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@Bunclody1 we did not make it as far as Palacios de Sanabria, as I also was struggling with an injured compadre. We made it 23k to Entrepeñas and stayed at the Casa Rural Las Peñas del Corredor (247/+34 676 653 466). Dominga, the owner keeps her place stocked with beer/wine/beverages for a very small fee and will go to town for you and bring you back an amazing and inexpensive dinner to have in her home. Or, she will get you groceries if you would rather cook yourself. She even gave us an historical tour of the town! It was special indeed, as her family has significant history here. She does not speak English, however, but you could still communicate. She is very, very friendly and helpful! There is another Casa Rural there now that wasn't two years ago. It is the Casa Rural Azul Sanabria. See our day four on the Sanbres, to have a look.

We did a shorter day, so that it was only 18 km to Puebla de Sanabria, which is well-worth your while to spend some time here. The views from the hilltop to the river are fabulous, and the mirador restaurant, the, Hotel Rural - Sidrería La Guaja is a lovely place to take a meal. The medieval streets are a treat to walk down and the medieval fortress is quite stunning in itself, not to mention the views from the rampart walls. Perhaps you can meet your friend there for a day off - you would not be disappointed, if you are not in a hurry. If you go all the way to Palacios del Sanabria, then it looks like you will only have a lunch break in Puebla de Sanabria. IMHO that would be a shame as there is so very much to see!

I do not know much about Palacios de Sanabria, but there is only one accommodation there the Alojamientos Carrero, which is where I imagine you are planning to stay. There is not much to this town, so my vote, again is stay in Puebla de Sanabria. The private albergue Casa Luz there is quite nice! Otherwise, it is a relatively expensive tourist town. You can see why this place is so popular, by clicking here!

Buen Camino!
Ok, I appreciate and take on board your opinion, you haven’t let me down so far. I’ll chance 42k to Puebla de Sanabria, buy some poles along the way and hope for the best. There are a few places to stop for a coffee con leche 😉
Buenas noches amigos, ¡comienzo temprano!

Hello 🙂 I arrived in Puebla de Sanabria, long day but nice walk and the sun wasn’t too hot. The albergue peregrinos, Casa Luz, is closed but just past is Hostal de tracha which is open, clean and reasonable price, €30 for a room with en suite !
The old town is beautiful, just looking for a nice restaurant now. If I find one half as good as Me Gusta Corner I’ll be very happy. My friend decided to return home as his knee is quiet swollen so it needs attention. I think Luciano is my destination tomorrow . I’ve bought walking poles so hopefully the climb will be tolerable 🤞I was fortunate today as 15 mins after I had checked in the started to rain very hard for 15 mins, that would not have been nice on the way ! I’m looking forward to the mountains as the terrain so far has been a little boring/repetitive. I’ll be in bed early tonight, I’m wrecked.

Hello 🙂 I arrived in Puebla de Sanabria, long day but nice walk and the sun wasn’t too hot. The albergue peregrinos, Casa Luz, is closed but just past is Hostal de tracha which is open, clean and reasonable price, €30 for a room with en suite !
The old town is beautiful, just looking for a nice restaurant now. If I find one half as good as Me Gusta Corner I’ll be very happy. My friend decided to return home as his knee is quiet swollen so it needs attention. I think Luciano is my destination tomorrow . I’ve bought walking poles so hopefully the climb will be tolerable 🤞I was fortunate today as 15 mins after I had checked in the started to rain very hard for 15 mins, that would not have been nice on the way ! I’m looking forward to the mountains as the terrain so far has been a little boring/repetitive. I’ll be in bed early tonight, I’m wrecked.

Attachments

• F9E7B354-C6DD-4B07-884D-1D977D140982.jpeg
    F9E7B354-C6DD-4B07-884D-1D977D140982.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello John.
I,m in Tábara today, walking in Sanabres.
Do you know if the Albergue in Santa Marta de Tera is open?
Best
Enrique

Your day to Lubián, I am afraid is a lot of road walking along the N-525. It will be interesting to get a report from you regarding the AVE construction, to see if it is now complete and whether you can choose the path that does not follow the road so much! It was not all that pleasant, but you will definitely see some new mountain scenery as you walk up and over the Alto de Padornelo mountain pass! We had to take the highway tunnel which was only mildly scary to me. You can check out our journey on this day: https://www.pilgrimagetraveler.com/camino-sanabres-puebla-de-sanabria-to-lubian.html. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey everyone 🙂 I’m staying in A Gudina this evening, waiting for a menu as I write 😋 The walk up the road to the peak at padernola was tough but thankfully the traffic was quiet so no drams thank god and there was a bit of a breeze also 👍! I got a bit of sun burn and felt a little off after but grand again this morning. After the stop at the top at Puebla the walking conditions improved, beautiful scenery. Lubian is a beautiful village, I stayed in Bar Java last night as the albergue was closed,€30, it’s all good. Ate in the restaurant next door, all people encountered were decent people 👍 Today’s walk was awesome, only 23k which was welcome, the views and scenery were fantastic. Staying in the new albergue here tonight, it opened in August, it’s great. Even though cooking is not allowed because of Covid restrictions, all municipal Albergues it seems , it’s still to be appreciated as a modern and clean place, freindly/helpful hospitilario 👍 I think the menu is on the way 🤞The forecast is good for the next week also🙂 I’m beginning to see a few familiar faces at night, about 10 of us tonight 👌

Hello John.
I,m in Tábara today, walking in Sanabres.
Do you know if the Albergue in Santa Marta de Tera is open?
Best
Enrique
Hey Enrique, yes the albergue is open. Modern,
Clean place but no restaurant in the village, the bar is a regular country pub and the shop only opens from 5 until 9🤔 it only sells essentials, nice tomatoes 😋

Hello ! I’m walking from Laza to Xunqueira de Ambia today today. I’m just having my break at Alberguería, what a beautiful place. Had a great meal last night at a bar in Laz, not the one near the Albergue, The hill from Laza was tough but thankfully there was no wind and it’s not cold todayI’m only settling in to this route now, it can be lonely as it’s so isolated but really peaceful . The keys for the albergue at Laza can be got from the office of the Cival Protection in the square as u enter the village, drop them off as u leave in the morning. Laza is a beautiful traditional village.The albergue is modern and clean, use of the kitchen is not allowed and no wash machine 🥴 It’s a beautiful morning in Galatia, Buen Camino 🙂

Hey everyone 🙂 I’m staying in A Gudina this evening, waiting for a menu as I write 😋 The walk up the road to the peak at padernola was tough but thankfully the traffic was quiet so no drams thank god and there was a bit of a breeze also
Hi there @Bunclody1. If I am reading this right, the AVE construction is still going strong so that you had to walk on the road all the way to the Alto de Padornelo? Also, what is a "dram?" A typo?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Today’s walk was awesome, only 23k which was welcome, the views and scenery were fantastic. Staying in the new albergue here tonight, it opened in August, it’s great. Even though cooking is not allowed because of Covid restrictions, all municipal Albergues it seems , it’s still to be appreciated as a modern and clean place, freindly/helpful hospitilario 👍 I think the menu is on the way 🤞The forecast is good for the next week also🙂 I’m beginning to see a few familiar faces at night, about 10 of us tonight 👌
Yes, I agree, from Lubián to A Gudiña is a fabulous walk! You are now getting into the thick of the mountain scenery. By the time you read this, you will have walked from A Gudiña to A Venda da Capela, then from A Capela to A Laza, that in my opinion is the best day of all for scenery! I had to do this one in two parts, due to severe weather. For those interested, the links are to my photos of this incredible day!

Hello ! I’m walking from Laza to Xunqueira de Ambia today today. I’m just having my break at Alberguería, what a beautiful place.

The bar that @Bunclody1 is referring to in Alberguería is called the Rincón del Peregrino, or Pilgrim's Corner. It is a fabulous place, covered in scallop shells. The proprietor, Luis, will sell you one for a small fee, and you can sign it, and hang it somewhere with all the others! If he finds out your nationality, he will start playing songs from your country. While we were there he played John Denver, and even our spanish compadre joined us in belting out "Rocky Mountain High" at the top of our lungs! It was even more appropriate for us as we are from Colorado. Ha ha.

Attachments

• 33-rich-and-miguel-happiness.jpg
    33-rich-and-miguel-happiness.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 22
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The albergue in Xunqueira de Ambia closed yesterday for refurbishment ! I was on my own and no one around so I continued to the village and checked into Casa Tomas, €40. No signs around indicating and of the new albergue, one of the Spanish pilgrims met the mayor who told him, I wasn’t around at that time. I’ve since learned that accommodation for pilgrims is being provided at the sports hall, around the corner. Next door is a laundry 😢 Well I’ve washed and dried some clothes now so it’s grand. It’s a nice place, clean and cool style , Tomas is a nice fella.
Beautiful evening

Hi there @Bunclody1. If I am reading this right, the AVE construction is still going strong so that you had to walk on the road all the way to the Alto de Padornelo? Also, what is a "dram?" A typo?
Sorry I wasn’t clear, the arrows pointed me up the road so that’s the way I went. Other Spanish pilgrims walked up the road also so I assume road works are continuing. I wasn’t really looking around, head down , you know yourself. That was the toughest section I think, nothing to look at. Beautiful evening here now, sitting in the square with a beer and fellow pilgrims, best part of the day 😀 Every time I walk a Camino I’m determined to learn Spanish upon my return home, Ireland , but then work/ life etc gets in the way. It’s like my school reports, “John must try harder” 🤣🤣🤣

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, thanks so much Bunclody1 for posting - it's great to hear about your journey and get some on-the-ground info! I'm starting the Camino Sanabres early October. Will be raising money for Becky's Bathhouse, an NGO in Greece supporting refugee women, if anyone is interested.
Buen Camino

Hi all , I arrived in Ourense at around 13.00 today. 20k ish on the road, I put my boots in my pack and wore my trainers which were perfect for the job 👍 The way goes through some industrial zone which is a good place to stop for a break, good quality and inexpensive. The albergue (€8) is in the old town close to the cathedral, it has a wash machine and dryer 👏The standard of albergue in this Camino seems higher than other routes I’ve walked, the ones I’ve stayed in at least ! Someone took my clothes from the dryer still wet 😢 They’re back in again now, I’ll keep a close eye on them. I had a lovely lunch from the daily menu and am taking a rest now before I go to check out the thermal baths 🤔 Ourense itself is a nice city with lots of history. I’ll walk to Cea tomorrow via Tamallancos tomorrow, another short day but not so much road walking 🙂 Weather today is nice but rain is forecast for later in the week 🥴

@Bunclody1, I agree, it is lovely to spend some time in Ourense. Glad to hear that you are going to enjoy the thermals! We sure did! We also spent a full rest day here, to help my friend's injury issue. The Cathedral of Ourense is fabulous, with a similar portico as the Santiago cathedral, only this one is called the Pórtico del Paraíso. I hope you will see it! The link I provide here shows photos and you can see how similar it is to the Pórtico da Gloria. However, this portico was done 100 yrs after the one in Santiago. Some scholars believe that because it is so similar that it was done by Marteo's students, the creator of the Pórtico da Gloria. It is most certainly a preview of what's to come in Santiago!

And of course, for your next day, I highly recommend you take the longer route to the Mosteiro de Oseira! You walk on the most amazing Roman roads, both before and after the monastery. It isn't easy, but so worth it! The first tour of the monastery starts at 10:30 am, (Sundays only at 12:45 after mass), so plan your arrival just before this time, if you wish to take the 1 hour tour. There is no other way to see it, and the tour is only in Spanish. They DO give you an English hand-out. The monastery is fabulous and worth the time. There is an albergue here too, but it is now closed for renovation. Not sure if/when it will be open again. Perhaps you can report back on this! According to most sources it is still closed. We still made it from Cea to Estación de Lalín (32 km), despite taking the tour. With your perseverance, you could probably make it all the way to A Laza, another 6 km!

Buen Camino and thanks for the updates!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen as tardes amigos, so made it to Cea. It’s a pity the albergue in Oseira is closed as 21k was a little short today because the weather was great. I doubt I will walk to Oseira tomorrow as the forecast is dreadful and I don’t want to be caught out in it ! So I will walk to A Laxe via Pinor, weather permitting 🤞The albergue in Cea is another renovated, modern and clean place to rest. It’s a beautiful village and the daily menu was only €11 in the bar as you enter Cea, before the school. I forgot to mention, beer was not allowed in the albergue in Ourense. The hispitilario didn’t make a big deal of it but I disposed of it anyway , obviously👍 In this albergue because of Covid restrictions the top bunks have been removed but even so there are only 8/10 pilgrims, reduced capacity is 22. There is reduced capacity in all Albergues but it’s not a problem getting a bed, and no top bunks 👏👏👏👏🙏 🙂It’s been very quiet on the way but better because of that in my opinion !

€83,-
Good evening fellow peregrinos 🙂I avoided Oseira and fortunately managed to avoid the most of the rain 👍I arrived in A Laxe around 4. It rained for the 1st 90 mins this morning until 9.30ish and while I was debating with myself about a bus or taxi it started to clear up. It turned out a nice day but 15 mins after I arrived at the albergue it started to rain and hasn’t stopped since, I was a lucky little peregrino. The walk today was beautiful, it meandered through a lot of rural villages. I had lunch at a restaurant in Lalin, €10 for 3 course meal with wine and coffee, thank god I only had an hour left to walk ! The Albergues on this way never cease to amaze me, the one tonight is a spacious , modern, clean and beautiful building. The local authorities in Galicia must be proud. It looks like I have a 33k walk to Outheiro, but again that’s weather permitting as the forecast isn’t great so fingers crossed 🤞
Can’t believe this last 11 days has past soo quickly, only 2 days to Santiago, bitter sweet type of emotions .
It’s absolutely lashing rain here now, thank god I didn’t go to Oseria 🙏

A few pics from the last few days
Good evening fellow peregrinos 🙂I avoided Oseira and fortunately managed to avoid the most of the rain 👍I arrived in A Laxe around 4. It rained for the 1st 90 mins this morning until 9.30ish and while I was debating with myself about a bus or taxi it started to clear up. It turned out a nice day but 15 mins after I arrived at the albergue it started to rain and hasn’t stopped since, I was a lucky little peregrino. The walk today was beautiful, it meandered through a lot of rural villages. I had lunch at a restaurant in Lalin, €10 for 3 course meal with wine and coffee, thank god I only had an hour left to walk ! The Albergues on this way never cease to amaze me, the one tonight is a spacious , modern, clean and beautiful building. The local authorities in Galicia must be proud. It looks like I have a 33k walk to Outheiro, but again that’s weather permitting as the forecast isn’t great so fingers crossed 🤞
Can’t believe this last 11 days has past soo quickly, only 2 days to Santiago, bitter sweet type of emotions .
It’s absolutely lashing rain here now, thank god I didn’t go to Oseria 🙏
I forgot to mention, I had lovely cafe con leche and tostada this morning as I left A Laxe at a cafe on the way as Ieaving the village. I got there around 7.30, a cool place, sells all sorts of gadgets. He seems to specialise in skalectrics, there is a big model on display, quirky place and a gentleman proprietor 🙂 Stopped for a cafe con leche in Castro Dozon, nice lift with an energy bar. Anyway, buenas noches amigos 😴

Attachments

• 42B63D58-8E30-459D-9D63-70E3D08314A9.jpeg
    42B63D58-8E30-459D-9D63-70E3D08314A9.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 67C1C9EB-7F12-46C8-A4FA-B1E3596E1AF9.jpeg
    67C1C9EB-7F12-46C8-A4FA-B1E3596E1AF9.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • E1BE9A95-B45B-40AF-B462-786E1453D9C1.jpeg
    E1BE9A95-B45B-40AF-B462-786E1453D9C1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • FA0EA60A-9387-424A-B5E7-DD3D3AA021C7.jpeg
    FA0EA60A-9387-424A-B5E7-DD3D3AA021C7.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 14
Buenas tardas amigos 👋
Thankfully the weather forecast was wrong again and rain didn’t stop play today. It was a bit cloudy and looked like it could rain a few times thankfully it never materialised. I left this morning at 6.45 with the idea of getting ahead of the rain and a result I arrived at my albergue in Ponte Ulla at 1.45. I have a twin room and am sharing with a Spanish pilgrim whom I met a few days ago, €22 total ! The daily menu is good also, €12 euro for 3 course meal with wine and coffee 👌 Great tapas also 🙂 I’m relaxing on my bed now trying to resist scratching the bites I received last night, bed bugs/mosquitoes, they feasted on me. None of the group were made to feel “left out”. I was surprised as it was an airy, clean modern albergue, maybe the location, a rural area close to the trees and river are to blame.
I stopped for a break at a lovely bakery on the entrance as to Riovilco, homemade cake and coffee con letche 😋The way from there was grand, quiet and rural , continuously greeted with Hola, Buen Camino etc, such friendly and genuine people. Picked some fruit on the way, apples, figs , blackberrried 🙂
While walking down the BIG hill entering Ponte Ullea I slipped but somehow managed to stay on my feet. I was very lucky, I could have gotten a right tumble. It’s is a really steep decline, let’s be careful out there people 😄 I’ll prob go for a walk later but there doesn’t seem to be much to explore around this area but the bridge at the entrance might be worth revisit. I’ll keep ye posted if I discover any gems which warrant a mention. Ive only 20keft to walk until I reach Santiago tomorrow , I should arrive in Santiago around 12.30, not sure what I’ll do then as my flight home is on Wedensday 🤔 Might get a bus somewhere and walk a bit, we’ll see what happens, one day at a time !

Attachments

• 5BF0F1CC-5F61-4B6B-818D-43C45E9EBDE6.jpeg
    5BF0F1CC-5F61-4B6B-818D-43C45E9EBDE6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 06DC9D47-8F54-4249-B4CF-EE8BA21E225D.jpeg
    06DC9D47-8F54-4249-B4CF-EE8BA21E225D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 74900513-1610-43F6-85ED-9D7348006D97.jpeg
    74900513-1610-43F6-85ED-9D7348006D97.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Glad you stayed upright going down that hill! :oops:
Buen camino - Enjoy the walk tomorrow, It's a nice one, all the way into town.
Hello all 🙂 Does anyone know if Santiago is busy at the moment for pilgrims ?

Hello all 🙂 Does anyone know if Santiago is busy at the moment for pilgrims ?
Hi Bunclody,
I'm reading your posts with interest. I flew to Santiago yesterday and spent a few hours there. it was busy but not too busy for a Saturday. The cathedral was easy to get around at 3pm with only a bit more than a handful of tourists. Nice amount of peregrinos on square outside the cathedral. I'm not sure about accommodation I took a train to Ourense and on again today to start walking in Puebla de Sanabria. Buen finish to your camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sorry I wasn’t clear, the arrows pointed me up the road so that’s the way I went. Other Spanish pilgrims walked up the road also so I assume road works are continuing. I wasn’t really looking around, head down , you know yourself. That was the toughest section I think, nothing to look at. Beautiful evening here now, sitting in the square with a beer and fellow pilgrims, best part of the day 😀 Every time I walk a Camino I’m determined to learn Spanish upon my return home, Ireland , but then work/ life etc gets in the way. It’s like my school reports, “John must try harder” 🤣🤣🤣
You are an excellent ambassador for your part of the Sunny South East! I have to head to the oven now, but will catch up with the rest of your posts after me dinner! Thank you for your inclusive way of drawing us all in to your camino. Sorry about your friend, I am sure he is too...

Good evening all, well I arrived in Santiago in the one piece 🙂 At the start of this Camino I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue after my friend went home as it’s a very quiet route, but for the last week I’ve really enjoyed the way. There were a few long and tough stages which challenged me but in hindsight it was just what the doctor ordered.It’s great to be out and about again after the last 18months 👌The way today was handy enough, only 20ish k but a big incline to leave Ponte Ullea is tough 1st thing in the morning ! The remainder of the way is grand, surprisingly rural so close to the city, not like the approach from the Francis. Santiago seems busy enough, I’m staying in Minor Seminary Hostel sharing a 3 bed room, nothing else available, with one other guy costs which €22.50 each. It’s fine not only a 15 min walk from the cathedral. I think I’m going to get a bus to Oliveira tomorrow and continue walking for 2 days before my flight home on Wedensday. The bites I received from the ticks have calmed down , they were VERY irritating last night 🥴 I’m waiting for the clothes in the dryer now and then it’s out for a few cerveca fri and tapas 😋 I’ll give ye an update on tonight’s experiences later, Buen Camino 👋

Minor Seminary Hostel​

You are an excellent ambassador for your part of the Sunny South East! I have to head to the oven now, but will catch up with the rest of your posts after me dinner! Thank you for your inclusive way of drawing us all in to your camino. Sorry about your friend, I am sure he is too...
Going to get a few spuds myself now 😋

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Shortly after I arrived this afternoon I went for something to eat at Casa Manola 😋 it’s 10mins walk sort of behind the cathedral. I had a beautiful 3 course homemade Galatian meal for €12, it was very good and it was very busy👍 I walked around Santiago this evening, I needed to check out bus times for the morning, I had a very relaxing time away from the hustle and bustle of the main drag. The tapas are always soo much better away from the Center. Santiago seems to have bounced back without any ill affects and is full of life again 👍 My bus leaves at 9.15 am and it’s the only one so I’ve another early start 🥴 be Really looking forward to Muxia and beautiful sea food dinner 😋
cairde oíche mhaith 😴

Hi all, well I took the bus from Santiago to Hospital, about 25k from Muxia and then continued walking. I arrived in Muxia about 5pm, it was a nice walk to finish my Camino and beautiful views of Muxia as you enter the village by the beach. I had a lovely relaxing evening, I walked out to Mount Corpiño and the sunset was soo amazing,it was a beautiful calm evening with clear skies 😍 The restaurants here are very good , I had a lovely dinner👌 I’m standing at the bus stop now to go to Finistere. No walking today. Back to Santiago tomorrow to catch my flight home and work Thursday 😢 My adventure is over, it was a pleasure to share it with ye , slan go foil 👋

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back