• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino Sanabres: Easy to Follow Way Marking

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I cycled the Sanabres in 2019 and had absolutely no difficulties following the trail markers to Santiago. However, as another resource, let me recommend the mapping app Mapy.cz. So for example, if you open the map to Ourense, you’ll see the blue camino lines heading out of the city in the direction of Cea. Download the particular map(s) for your camino and you’ll be able to see your location in relation to both the Camino routes (in case you were to get off it) and the towns/cities in front of you. Buen Camino!

I walked the Sanabres last year and had no problems with signs. As @Grousedoctor recommends a GPS mapping app and a track of the route will help you get back on track if you do lose the way. Worst case scenario is simply to head for the next village you know is on the route and pick it up again there!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A "problem" with some GPS apps is that you have to keep looking at them to see if you are on the track you want to follow. It is a smaller problem on a camino because there are usually easily found arrows (but not always). The Wikiloc app though has a feature where you can have it beep you if you walk a moderate distance from the track you are following. Then you can check the display to see where you made the wrong turn.

A lot of the GPS apps get their data from the same source, the Open Street Map project.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am planning on walking the Camino Sanabres from Ourense. I will be walking alone. I was wondering if the way marking is good and easy to follow.
Yes it is! I did that same route last September, and it was very easy to follow the yellow arrows. even though I had two companions, I walked much of it alone as they chose to take taxis for various reasons. You’ll be fine!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning on walking the Camino Sanabres from Ourense. I will be walking alone. I was wondering if the way marking is good and easy to follow.
I don’t think GPS tracks are essential for the Vdlpp/Sanabrés because as others have said, it’s extremely well marked. If you are into apps, I’d have a look at Wise Pilgrim Vdlp. His app combines tracks, accommodation info, things to see, etc etc.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I missed the hot springs so much on the walk out of town. Its really well makred and if in doubt I would recommend Mappy.cz but you most likley won't need it.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back