• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sanbres logistics

scubajunky

HI All,
I have two weeks at Easter and am going to Walk the camino Sanbres.
Is the first twelve days or the last twelve days the best?
Which airport can I fly into ? is it Salamanca ?
If not there where?
Are there easy connections from Madrid to Zamora / Salamanca ?
Any help much appreciated.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You can get right from the Madrid airport to Salamanca via bus. Very easy. You can also get to Puebla de Sanbria by bus from Madrid. Not sure about Zamora, but I'd have to believe you can get there, too, as you can get to pretty much all of the VDLP's major cities from Madrid. I'd say start in Salamanca, then get off in Puebla de Sanabria. Lovely walking. The miles leading up to Ourense get pretty citified and gritty.

Melanie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Melanie, so Madrid is the best option? then bus to Salamanca, then from Salamanca to Puebla de Sanabria by bus and then walk from there ?

HI All,
I have two weeks at Easter and am going to Walk the camino Sanbres.
Is the first twelve days or the last twelve days the best?
Which airport can I fly into ? is it Salamanca ?
If not there where?
Are there easy connections from Madrid to Zamora / Salamanca ?
Any help much appreciated.

Hi
Not sure what you mean by the first twelve days / the last twelve days. But generally, the weather will be a little better and warmer in late April rather than early April. IT is a relatively quiet Camino and not too many crowds.
Where exactly are you starting the walk? Very easy to get to Salamanca If you fly into Madrid. You need to get to the Chamartin Train station in Madrid (from the airport, get the metro, pink number 8 line to Nuevos Ministerios and then the blue line (10) north to Chamartin). It is a short journey. There are many daily trains (Renfe) from Madrid - Chamartin train station to Salamanca. and also to Zamora. There are a number of train stations in Madrid, but Chamartin is the one that you are looking for.
Look at the Renfe website http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/
This will show you all the trains from Madrid to Salamanca or Zamora.
You can also download an App to your phone that will show you the Madrid metro system. It is called "Metro Madrid".
Let me know if you need any further information.
Buen Camino
Dave

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
HI Guys, If I arrived in madrid at 6.05 pm would I be able to make the
MADRID-CHAMARTIN A SALAMANCA train at 8.35 Pm and if I arrived in Salamanca at 22:10 I guess I would not get into an Alberge, but I could find a youth hostel. Biggest concern is getting from the Airport to the Chamartin train station with enough time, sound doable ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Cercanias train from T4 at the airport to Chamartin only takes 10-15 minutes and runs fairly frequently. If you land at another terminal you probably have to allow 45+ minutes for the shuttle bus - it is a long way. Should still make it doable fairly easily provided you arrive more or less on time.

From Salamanca you have to take a bus to Zamora. There are plenty. But from Zamora to Granja de Moreruelo there is only one little bus a day. We left on a saturday. In Zamora station go donwstairs and ask for information.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ok, thanks for that, What time is that bus do you know ? I arrive in Salamanca about 10:30pm on a saturday night, will then stay at a hostel ( recommendations anyone ? ) then I will bus / train to Zamora or Granja de Moreruelo the next day.

We tooked a bus to Zamora around 1o h and the bus to Granja was about 13h30 or 14 h. But at the station go downstairs and ask the right hour at the man at the desk info. He also knows at which place you have to wait at the bus. We booked a room in casa rural tio quico in Granja de Moreruela. Lovely place ! Via booking.com you can book a hostel in salamanca. Buen camino !

Thanks for that, very helpful, I need to get from Madrid To Salamanca by train, next saturday at 8:30pm ,Should I book tickets in advance or just get them at the time?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I don't know because we have taken the bus to Salamanca and yes indeed we booked our tickets in advance.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back