A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Sangria

Lirsy

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (2017), Norte (2017), Frances (2017), Portugues (2018), La Plata (2018)
Je je .... On the Camino you have to learn how to prepare sangria .... and also some other things like queimada, tortilla, etc.... ;);)

Buen Camino and Ultreia!!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I remember a time on the Camino my son and I ordered a pitcher of Sangria as it was a sunny, rather warm day. It was so refreshing and as we sat a little longer under the outdoor umbrella we decided to eat the fruit at the bottom, too. When the server came back out to collect the pitcher and noticed it "empty", he gave us a dirty look and whisked it away. I suppose they must reuse the fruit for the next patron. I thought I'd paid for all of it. I walked away with my tail between my legs...if I had a tail. :eek:

ophelia

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Português Central - October 2017
Planning the Camino Português da Costa - May 2018!
I remember a time on the Camino my son and I ordered a pitcher of Sangria as it was a sunny, rather warm day. It was so refreshing and as we sat a little longer under the outdoor umbrella we decided to eat the fruit at the bottom, too. When the server came back out to collect the pitcher and noticed it "empty", he gave us a dirty look and whisked it away. I suppose they must reuse the fruit for the next patron. I thought I'd paid for all of it. I walked away with my tail between my legs...if I had a tail. :eek:
Where I live, Portugal, sangria is a very popular drink as well, and you are supposed to eat the fruit! I think you just were unlucky, haha!

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Frances (2015)
The hostal facing the church in Carrión served the best sangria I ever tasted

stevov

Camino(s) past & future
walked the portuguese way (senda littoral). from porto, vila do conde via viana and redondela Jun 17
Raspberry sangria at restaurant Farol in Vila do Conde Portugal. Outstanding...one of the best I've ever had. I would go back just for the sangria.

Attachments

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
My parent's recipe which they said was the traditional and is the correct one, is simple - half red wine and half freshly squeezed orange juice, and ice. It is opaque and really does look like blood - hence the name "sangria". None of that fancy stuff with soda water and brandy.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%