• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santa Domingo de Silos

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Santa Domingo de Silos is about 65 Klm from Burgos.
There is one bus daily Monday to Saturday from the bus station in Burgos. It leaves Burgos either at 5.30 or 600.pm Monday to Friday and the bus from Silos leaves at 8.00 am. It is a worker's Bus. I think it leaves Burgos at about 2.00 pm on saturday
It is well worth a visit and you need to stay two nights if you are to experience the place really well
I have been there three times and on each occasion stayed three nights. I love it

The tour of the cloister is also very well worth while.
Pm me if you want any more info.

BURGOS - SANTO DOMINGO de SILOS

LUNES A JUEVES : 17,30
VIERNES : 18,30
SÁBADO Y DOMINGO: no hay servicio

Días festivos consultar horarios

EMPRESA: ARCEREDILLO
INFORMACIÓN:
Tlfno: 947 48 52 66
Taquilla: 16
http://www.autocaresarceredillo.es
Itinerario:
Burgos
Sarracín
Cogollos
Valdorros
Madrigal del Monte
Madrigalejo del Monte
Villamayor de los Montes
Zael
Santa Cecilia
Revilla Cabriada
Castrillo de Solarana
Solarana
Nebreda
Cebrecos
Cebrecos (cruce)
Tejada
Tejada (cruce)
Quintanilla del Coco
Santibáñez del Val
Santo Domingo de Silos
Yecla
Hinojar de Cervera
Hortezuelos
Espinosa de Cervera
Ciruelos de Cervera
Santa María del Mercadillo
Tubilla del Lago
Valdeande
Caleruega

Salidas de Santo Domingo de Silos
Lunes a Viernes 8:10 h.
Sábados, Domingo y festivos sin servicio

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
mustbjones,

As Lydia notes Santo Domingo de Silos is a VERY special place! Here is their office website>> http://www.abadiadesilos.es/. There are monastery rooms available for men, but not for women. However in the village are many small simple hotels.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Watch your timetable, its at least a two day trip, the afternoon bus from Burgos will get you there in time for vespers and yes will stop at every crossroads along the way, but the monastary is shut down at that time and the bus back leaves at 0800 before opening tim-requiring that second day. Should you come on a weekend or a festival it could be even longer. Having said that, the architecture is amazingly beautiful and the singing is divine, well worth all the time needed to visit. Food and lodging there is nothing to write home about. There is a guest house in the church but one must arrange lodging before arrival.
S,

Santa Domingo de Silos is about 65 Klm from Burgos.
There is one bus daily Monday to Saturday from the bus station in Burgos. It leaves Burgos either at 5.30 or 600.pm Monday to Friday and the bus from Silos leaves at 8.00 am. It is a worker's Bus. I think it leaves Burgos at about 2.00 pm on saturday
It is well worth a visit and you need to stay two nights if you are to experience the place really well
I have been there three times and on each occasion stayed three nights. I love it

The tour of the cloister is also very well worth while.
Pm me if you want any more info.
Hi Lydia, Do you know of a place to stay for the night?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Also be sure to look up the local holidays in Burgos. I waited at the bus station for a bus that never came.

...Do you know of a place to stay for the night?

In Santo Domingo de los Silos the tourist bureau has a list of many small hotels and hostals. They also provide a good free map of additional walking paths in the area. If you are into 'ad hoc' camping, ie unorganized camping, follow the path towards the nearby Ermita de la Virgen de la Camino and you will see many inviting nooks for laying down your sleeping bag. Be sure to also scan this Forum thread for more SDdlS info.

MM

I have stayed in Hostal Santo Domingo de Silos and Hotel Tres Coronas de Silos at 24E and 30E respectively for a single. Both were good value. The Tres Coronas food was better.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back