• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

santa hospederia teresita (SANTA DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA)

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
santa hospederia teresita (SANTA DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA) is the hostel run by Cistercian nuns to the rear of albergue.

I'm currently planning my "second leg" of the Camino. Last time I stopped in SANTA DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA.
At this stage I think I'll be arriving in Santa Domingo late on a Sunday evening by bus, to start walking the following morning.
I assume the pilgrim accomodation will be full ( June 29 ), so I'm wondering if a phone call in advance to the above will secure me a bed in advance?
I see from another post that "Lismany" stayed here last May /June.
i would appreciate any comments.

Buen Camino

Brian

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
HI

I think the CSJ guide is invaluable and a bargain at £6:

http://www.csj.org.uk/acatalog/The_CSJ_ ... in_23.html

It says: Hospederia Santa Teresita, aka Hospederia Cistercience, Pinar 2, Tele: 941 340 700 is recommended and good value.

Beware that it is run principally as a holiday home for elderly people and the doors are locked at 11pm - this may be relevant depending on when you are going to arrive.

There are other hostals listed - I stayed in one just a few weeks ago and I just phoned ahead and booked.

Good luck.

Thanks for that Johnnie. I had phone number from John Brierly giude but no mention of elderly people; although wouldn't matter.
Which one did you pre-book in Santa Domingo?

Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I assume the pilgrim accomodation will be full ( June 29 )

Don't assume it will be full. I arrived at Sto Domingo to re-start my Camino on 23 July 2005 late on the Saturday evening - my bus from Burgos arrived at 20h45 - and after asking around was directed to the Albergue Casa del Santo run by the Confradia de Sto Domingo. There was plenty of room, and the beds were not bunk beds - oh, the luxury!!

I remember the welcome being warm, there was a small garden at the back where I saw a fellow pilgrim I'd met the year before in Arres & Sanguesa, and there is no need for an alarm the next morning - the cock crowing was a lovely way to start the day.

If you need it, you'll find the Burgos-Logroño bus timetable here
http://www.grupo-jimenez.com/rutas/burgos.html

To be honest, I have never found much problem with accommodation, even walking late-July/early-August. Only had to sleep outside once, and that was after arriving at Ribadiso at 19h30 after 37km from Ventas. I had arrived at Ventas the same time the day before, and got the dormitory to myself - there are 38 beds in the village (in 2 albergues) and there was one couple, a family of 6, and me. I also arrived at Fonfria at 18h30, again no problem, and people were arriving at 20h30 and there were still beds.

¡Suerte!
Mike

OK, thanks for that Mike.
I'm now remembering that everything falls into place on the Camino!
I've checked bus routes from Santander to Santa Domingo.

Buen Camino
Brian

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back