• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santa Irene albergue

katysue

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago 2018
Hi guys! My mother and I leave for our first Camino in less than 3 weeks! (O Cebreiro to Compostela)

We are hoping to stay at the Santa Irene albergue in Santa Irene. I have tried calling several times to make a reservation, but they never answer the phone. The number I have is 981-511000, which I have seen listed in a couple of places.

Does anyone have any insight into why they may not be answering the phone? Has the albergue closed? Any advice?

Thank you!!
Katy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Katy,on the Eroski web site this albergue
is listed as opening from Holy Week.There is no email address listed but you probably know that anyway.It is an excellent albergue.I have stayed there twice.It would be a shame if it has closed..There is a municipal albergue close by.I am sorry I cannot help you but maybe you should look for an alternative.The gronze web site could help you with that .

I just tried a few sites and it seems you can make a reservation on the Eroski site, but will admit it looks their site is down. I have the same phone number as well.
I have stayed there before and it a very nice place with a great communal meal. The walk into SdC is a lot shorter than the Brierley guide makes it out to be but then I missed the under pass to Pedrouzo and walked up the hill and avoided a number kms.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi guys! My mother and I leave for our first Camino in less than 3 weeks! (O Cebreiro to Compostela)

We are hoping to stay at the Santa Irene albergue in Santa Irene. I have tried calling several times to make a reservation, but they never answer the phone. The number I have is 981-511000, which I have seen listed in a couple of places.

Does anyone have any insight into why they may not be answering the phone? Has the albergue closed? Any advice?

Thank you!!
Katy
The telephone no. in the Confraternity book is 981 510 000 Buen camino - John Hungerford

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
John,if you read Sue's message you will see that she has already phoned that number with no response .
John,if you read Sue's message you will see that she has already phoned that number with no response .
But the number I quoted of 981 510 000 is different from the number Sue quoted of 981 511 000 - look closely...John

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi John,I stayed in this albergue in October last year on their last day of opening.They closed the next day for the winter.They didn' t say it would not reopen in 2018.The telephone no.I used was 981511000 without the spanish code as I was already in Spain.I obtained this number from the Gronze web site.It is also listed on the Eroski web site with the spanish code +34 981511000.I phoned the number +34981510000 and it does not exist..I also rang the number that Katy and I have and it rang out but no response..This is a lovely albergue and I am sure others would agree would be sadly missed if indeed it has closed and I sincerely hope it hasn't.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back