• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santa Maria de la Real Nieva to Coca

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
Today's walk was a piece of cake compared to last two days. No snow or rain. Only a 23 km walk through the bleeding forest. They are harvesting resin from the pine trees. It is sort of eerie walking through these forests. Two Peregrino's tonight in Albergue. A Frenchman and Korean woman. Neither one walked over the mountain. Albergue and Hospitalera (Charo) very nice but no heat.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Today's walk was a piece of cake compared to last two days. No snow or rain. Only a 23 km walk through the bleeding forest. They are harvesting resin front the pine trees. It is sort of eerie walking through these forests. Two Peregrino's tonight in Albergue. A Frenchman and Korean woman. Neither one walked over the mountain. Albergue and Hospitalera (Charo) very nice but no heat.

Ultreya,
Joe
So you really are a trooper, Joe, as Laurie said yesterday ;)
Enjoy!

Snow I do not mind. I like the silence a snowfall brings. I RESPECT snow. But, all in all, snow is just water with attitude. I do not bother it, and it does not bother me.

I am a pilgrim. I just get on with it...

That said, I will be the FIRST to seek a road walking alternative, or call a taxi if it appears overly challenging or dangerous. I may be a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.

Better to cut a corner than to have digits cut off due to frost bite.

I hope this helps.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.