• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santa Maria de Oia

eze

Time of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
Hello friends,

Please, would you please recommend a lodging in this village between A Guarda and Baiona ?

Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, eze,

Last time we were in contact, you were walking from Zamora via Braganca -- good to hear from you again.

I haven't ever spent a night in Oia, but I have visited the monastery, and I have a vague recollection that there is a smal casa rural very nearby. It may be this place:
http://www.escapadarural.com/casa-rural ... 0000082978

But in case no one on the forum has a personal recommendation, here is a link that will show you all or most of the lodging there:

http://www.turgalicia.es/localizador-de ... curso=4605

So where are you planning to walk this time? Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed at the Hotel A Raiña when I walked in June.
Wonderfully friendly, clean, and new. Our room looked over the water, and I slept with the sound of the waves. A high point on that stretch of camino.

Hello,

Peregrina2000, we have finished our camino de la plata roughly two years ago.
Meanwhile, my wife broke her ankle in april 2011 during a walk in Madeira and since we have not been able to walk as we are used to do it. We are preparing Porto Santiago following la costa and booked most of our lodgings. We'll start it on september 18th 2013. We do hope that my wife's ankle will "accept" the challenge.

REbecca and Johnny Walker. I have been in contact with the hotel A Raina you are recommending unfortunatly unsuccesfully as they do not respond our booking mails even if they gave us quotes at the end of last may. I have to consider a B plan. Thanks for your contribution.

Francis

They don't do emails. You have to phone if you want to reserve.
Bizarre as that appears, there are still parts of the world without email!

I hope you reconsider. Oia is a fabulous place, and this is a fine hotel.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was too pessimistic. They do have an email adress and moreover they (finally) do answer messages, even if it's in a very brief manner.
So our booking is confirmed. For other pilgrims information, we agreed on a sixty euros bill including one twin room, diner for two and breakfasts.Their mail is "oia@hotelaraina.com".

Buen camino to you and your wife, Eze. My best wishes for her full recovery. I have never walked this route, but the descriptions of it from Reb and Johnnie Walker and others certainly make it tempting. Lucky you! Buen camino, Laurie

Laurie,

Just wish to thank you regarding adresses you gave me in your previous message above.

We do hope that everything will go as expected and cross fingers.

All the best !

Francis

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, Tia Valeria,

I had coffee and cookies in Villar de Farfon this year on my Camino! Though it's not anywhere near Santa Maria de Oia :D it is good for Sanabres people to know about because if I remember correctly we were really getting anxious for our coffee fix by the time we came across this place! As you can see from the website, they have a Christian mission but they are not heavy handed about it. As we were leaving, they gave us some small pamphlets in English for me and French for my friends, but that was the extent of it. Buen camino, Laurie

hey all!
im in Esposende now at the end of my first day of the camino, looking for info on an albergue (cheap or buy donation) in oia and balona, did anyone manage to find any? before starting the camino i was sleeping on beaches etc as im on a budget of under 10 euros a day, but its pretty cold this end of portugal so im hoping to find places such as this Red Cross im in in Esposende now.....
if there are only full priced hotels on this part i will have to take the inland route through Tui, but i would prefer to stick to the coast.
hope you can help
:)
madison

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back