• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santander accommodation october

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Santander for 1 night late october. I'm really only passing through Santander on way to Oviedo to start the Camino Primitivo.
I was considering the albergue de peregrinos in Santander but read some quite negative reviews.
thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Santander for 1 night late october. I'm really only passing through Santander on way to Oviedo to start the Camino Primitivo.
I was considering the albergue de peregrinos in Santander but read some quite negative reviews.
thanks
In the past we have stayed at the Hotel Carlos lll, which is out on the Sardineros. Either a bus ride or about 7€ in a taxi from the ferry port.
We have stayed several times at the Celuisma Alisas as it on Nicolás Salmerón and very near the train and bus stations for the onward trip to Oviedo.

I stayed at BCool Hostel. Good location, easy to find, nice and clean, well managed, good facilities. You will probably get a better price booking direct. The Booking.com price is ridiculous at the moment. But, my best tip is to walk the coastal alternative path out of Santander to Boo. That turns what I heard is a 15km miserable section into about 30+km trek but is one of the most spectacular stretches in the whole Norte. Stretches of that coastline look like something created by movie special effects rather than nature. I was tired but really happy I made that decision. The albergue in Boo is nice and run by great people and good food as well.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
thanks
I stayed at the main albergue de peregrinos in 2016 and did not find it offensive at all.

Try Hospedaje Magallanes. Centrally located, very clean and affordable

thanks
I have stayed at Pensione Angelines a couple of times. Very clean.
15 min walk from ferry terminal or 5 mins from bus and train stations

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stayed at BCool Hostel. Good location, easy to find, nice and clean, well managed, good facilities. You will probably get a better price booking direct. The Booking.com price is ridiculous at the moment. But, my best tip is to walk the coastal alternative path out of Santander to Boo. That turns what I heard is a 15km miserable section into about 30+km trek but is one of the most spectacular stretches in the whole Norte. Stretches of that coastline look like something created by movie special effects rather than nature. I was tired but really happy I made that decision. The albergue in Boo is nice and run by great people and good food as well.
Stayed there last year and I second your recommendation. I booked the night before in mid October on Booking.com and paid the same as my friends who walked in with me without a reservation.
I was checking on Booking.com for hostels in Madrid for late October and at Toc’s the prices listed on Booking was something like 1,000 euros a night or some crazy number. I did some checking and found the same issue in the hostel l in San Sebastian and a couple in the Barcelona. I don’t know what’s going on there but I’m sure the prices will come down eventually.

Last edited:
Just to note that Boo is well out of Santander and a stage on the Norte. The OP is heading from Santander to Oviedo to walk the Primitivo. Boo is a great place to stay, but not for making the journey to Oviedo.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.