• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santarem Hostel - New

santaremhostel

Santarem Hostel opened last March 2013 located in the historical quarter of Santarém on the path to Santiago. Short walk to all monuments, restaurants and bars.
Santarém Hostel offers a low cost accommodation in a modern and comfortable environment.
Available accommodation is five double rooms with private bathroom and two dorms with four and eight beds with shared bathroom.
Facilities:
Free Internet
Free Computer access
Living room w/ Cable Tv and Multimedia player
Breakfast room
Free Bike (City Hall Service)
Laundry
Shared kitchen
Outdoor Terrace 360sqm
Prices:
Bed in dorm of 4 and 8 with shared bathroom: 15€ breakfast included
Private double (twin) rooms with bathroom: 40€ breakfast included
More information and photos available in Facebook and http://www.santaremhostel.blogspot.pt
EMAIL: santaremhostel@sapo.pt

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just to let you know that John Brierley visit the Santarem Hostel last March,15 where we had a short chat & morning cofee.
I believe he really loved the place, notes will be available on his book next edition.

Santarem Hostel - Sounds like a nice place :).

I had some trouble to find the place on Google and there is no address and contact details on the site yet. This is the full address I believe:
Rua Engenheiro António Júnior 26, 2000‎ Santarem

Could you kindly post us your contact details here as well?

I look forward to visiting you!

Mira

Hi Mira
Sorry about the trouble to find us.
Site (santaremhostel.blogspot.pt) now translate to English.
Go to Location page where you can find location information.
Other options:
Google maps seach "santarem hostel,santarem,portugal"
Lat: 39º 14' 7,9728''
Long: -8º 41'' 6,36''
Address:
R.Eng. Antonio Antunes Junior, 26
2000-040 Santarem
Phone:
+351 965832702
+351 243322256
email: santaremhostel@sapo.pt
Bom Caminho
Mario
Santarem Hostel

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Mario,
I was visiting with some of the Via Lusitana people in Lisbon last weekend, and they told me that they have heard very positive recommendations about your place. Congratulations and many thanks for giving pilgrims a place to stay in Santarem! Laurie

Hi Laurie,
Thank you for your comment.
Yes fortunately it seems that people are really enjoying stay at the Santarem Hostel .
We started on March, 6 and people reaction has been fantastic. Also the comments by third parties which means that community communication is the best you can get.
Keep it simple: Clean, clean and clean. Nice to stay, not just comfortable. And be there when they need you.
Hope you visit us in a near future.
Mario
Santarem Hostel

This is The hostel who dreams every pilgrim spacious and well furnished and like going to a friend's
Mi sono trovata cosi bene che sono rimasta due giorni.
Grazie di tutto
Siete stati molto gentile!!
Renata

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I also highly recommend this hostel. Stayed there last week. Just superb and a welcome stop after the long day from Azambuja.
Buen camino
John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all,

I can confirm the comments of the other two. The hostel is great and even it is a new place it has a cosy atmosphere.

Just the place you want to be after a long and dusty walk.

The place very well designed and not only equipped for pilgrims but also for people that want to spend several days in Santarem.

The only danger is that you don't want to leave anymore :).

Thanks for the nice welcoming, Mario. I'm sure that very soon pilgrims will see Santarem Hostel as an absolute must during the camino.

All the best,

Mira

I plan to be there for the night of 23rd May.
But you know what they say .... "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!"

Hi amerigrino.
Brierley updated some pages of his guidebook, including Santarém (city) where you (all) can find Santarem Hostel, also an update regarding the way between Santarem and Golegã (take Brierley advice). All updates available in: http://www.caminoguides.com/latest.html
Hope you had a bom caminho and see you next year :)

P.S. Flyers are now flying from your concrete arrow pillar rest along 20Km from Azambuja-Santarem path.

The new albergue in Santarem is a "must". Great kitchen, lounge and huge outside sitting area. And Mario is a star!

We have just checked into Santarem Hostel June 2017) and have been blown away by the place. Super friendly full of advice owner, beautiful building, spacious comfortable room ( we are staying in private room) with access to huge terrace, washing facilities, amazing lounge, breakfast room and decor right throughout. Nfor ot only clean and comfortable but stunning place you want to stay over and over again! Pity we have to leave tomorrow. Thank you Santarem Hostel!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back