• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santavierra albergue dear Pellegrino's alert

Pat W

Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2017
Last night in this albergue, we had a break in by local youths who had a key to the premises. Luckily one of our group woke up and called the police so the theft of the donation box was the worst that happened. Be aware that this albergue is not safe or secure

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Last night in this albergue, we had a break in by local youths who had a key to the premises. Luckily one of our group woke up and called the police so the theft of the donation box was the worst that happened. Be aware that this albergue is not safe or secure

Was this in the Albergue Vieira in San Martin Camino? Or elsewhere?

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-vieira

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sant

Santavierra on the tunnel route from Irun to Santo Domingo
avuerra
Oh, I see. Now I know why the confusion. Spelling is the reason. It's not Santavierra, it's Salvatierra or Agurain in Basque:
https://www.gronze.com/pais-vasco/alava/salvatierra-agurain/albergue-peregrinos-salvatierra-agurain
Because you didn't specifically mentioned which route you are walking we assumed that you are on del Norte as stated in your avatar and were searching for Santavierra there ;)

I stayed there last summer and noticed that at least four people had keys to the albergue which maybe gives better chance for wrong person to get just one of them. I also remember that donation box was placed on a small table to the right immediately after you enter the albergue. Which is kind of good fact because a thief interested only in donation money wouldn't get in contact with pilgrims sleeping there.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.