• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Santiago Airport to Sarria Bus Timetable 2021-02-06

No permission to download
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A word of caution at the Lugo bus station. Or any station for that matter. Following my career in the Marines, I did five years in Law Enforcement. I would have done more but 9-11 got in the way and I was called back to active duty responsible for analysis of the threat to Mid-Atlantic coastal ports and harbors. So I can pick out a bad guy in a crowd.
Waiting in Lugo for my connection to Sarria, I was approached by a “pilgrim”, well dressed and carrying a pack that any seasoned Camino walker would be proud of. By the way he was swinging it around, it may have weighed 5 lbs. He approached me, said he was on Camino, had a sick child at home in Burgos and was short of funds. Could I help?
I did not!
After I boarded the bus, I saw him hovering near the bus while the baggage compartment was still open. An easy “snatch and grab” once a pilgrim is seated.
My suggestion, add your pack as the driver readies to close the compartment. Or, make sure your pack is well in the middle with other baggage added closer to the hatch.
Buen “all aboard” Camino
Arn

Mark McCarthy submitted a new resource:

Santiago Airport to Sarria Bus Timetable - Latest MonBus timetable as of February 2021

Read more about this resource...
Hi Mark, I just booked my plane ticket to Santiago de Compostela for my very first Camino. I searched the internet on how to get to Sarria from Santiago de Compostela airport on Oct 21, 2021 but I couldn't find anything (including on Monbus site - when I type "Santiago de Compostela" as the departure city, multiple "Santiago de Compostela" pulls up with no option for "Santiago airport"). Then I came across your posting here via an article posted on a FB group. Can you help me figure out how to get from Santiago de Compostela Airport to Sarria by bus on Oct 21, 2021 (that's next wk!)? Thank you!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Mark, I just booked my plane ticket to Santiago de Compostela for my very first Camino. I searched the internet on how to get to Sarria from Santiago de Compostela airport on Oct 21, 2021 but I couldn't find anything (including on Monbus site - when I type "Santiago de Compostela" as the departure city, multiple "Santiago de Compostela" pulls up with no option for "Santiago airport"). Then I came across your posting here via an article posted on a FB group. Can you help me figure out how to get from Santiago de Compostela Airport to Sarria by bus on Oct 21, 2021 (that's next wk!)? Thank you!
Hi Berryland, there is a direct bus that leaves the airport at 11:21 and gets into Sarria at 13:01. Otherwise you need to get a bus via Lugo. On the Monbus website it is best to look for "aeropuerto" rather than "Santiago". Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• lugo sarria bus.png
    lugo sarria bus.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 4
  • airport lugo bus.png
    airport lugo bus.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Berryland, there is a direct bus that leaves the airport at 11:21 and gets into Sarria at 13:01. Otherwise you need to get a bus via Lugo. On the Monbus website it is best to look for "aeropuerto" rather than "Santiago". Let me know if this helps.
Thank you so much, Mark! Searching for "aeropuerto" on Monbus site worked as it pulled up "Aeropuerto Rosalia de Castro, Santiago de Compostela" on the search results list!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.