• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago alburgues

irishgoose

I'm looking for any good recommendations.....private...decent price....close proximity to cathedral. Please help...
I did look for this in other areas but on listed up to Santiago....

Lastly prices would help and perks :D thanks

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
irishgoose said:
I'm looking for any good recommendations.....private...decent price....close proximity to cathedral. Please help...
I did look for this in other areas but on listed up to Santiago....

Lastly prices would help and perks :D thanks

Irishgoose,

The pilgrim albergue floor of the recently renovated Hospedario San Martin Pinario is a VERY good stop in Santiago! The building faces the north side of the cathedral.

I stayed here in simple pilgrim rooms, which are converted seminarians cells, in 2011 and December 2012 and found it comfortable and most convenient.

Most pilgrim rooms are singles with private toilet and shower at 23 Euros including a copious buffet breakfast; there are some cheaper multi-bedded rooms. Ask about these when you email your query for space to this address >> reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. Do NOT use their on-line booking form which is only for more expensive and more elegant tourist accommodation on the other floors.

They are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the obliging desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for only 12 Euros. Perfect!

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
hi irishgoose,

there is a fairly new pilgrim albergue in santiago de compostela that is close to the bus station. you will most likely see it on the way into santiago city centre from the camino frances. it is the albergue fin del camino (jaime garcia rodriguez). cost is 8 euro, reservation acceped by telephone. 110 beds. rooms of 20 beds. location rue de moscova. email: albergue@fundacionperegrinacionasantiago.com. this albergue is dedicated to founder and director of the pilgrim office. closed at midnight. there is a shopping area closeby with supermarket, tiendas and restaurants. this albergue is only opened in the summer.internet facility, microwaves, big dining room, big garden with tables outdoor tables and chairs with a big patio.beautiful lounge, washer, dryer, bicycle parking. telephone 981 587 324.

buen camino to all. i hope to see you in june. i will be working as a hospitalero in the whole month of june this year.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back