• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago Art Exhibit July 2022 -- Wonderful local artists

design4life

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2014-18 Kumano Kodo 2019 Portu 2022 Inglés 2023
When I was in Santiago in May, after walking the Portugués, I was so lucky to spend the day with the Boscquejeros, the local community of Urban Sketchers. We sketched (and ate, drank, and talked for hours) in magical gardens, on hilltops overlooking the Cathedral, and other places I'd never seen in my visits to SDC.
They have just launched an exhibit of original drawings and paintings of their favorite spots -- "Recantos de Santiago."
16-31 Julio
Sala Creatives Galegas
Rua Dal Caldeireria 36
Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• recantos de santiago.jpg
    recantos de santiago.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 16
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
When I was in Santiago in May, after walking the Portugués, I was so lucky to spend the day with the Boscquejeros, the local community of Urban Sketchers. We sketched (and ate, drank, and talked for hours) in magical gardens, on hilltops overlooking the Cathedral, and other places I'd never seen in my visits to SDC.
How did you find that urban sketching group?Do they have a USK blog? I unfortunately will not be in Santiago until at least next year again.

How did you find that urban sketching group?Do they have a USK blog? I unfortunately will not be in Santiago until at least next year again.
Hi @Stephan the Painter I'm a member of NYC Urban Sketchers and met a sketcher from Coruña at one of our virtual meetings. Little did I know when we arranged to meet in Santiago that she'd bring 8 sketchers from the SDC and Coruña branches! They then connected me with the Porto group, with whom I spent a day sketching before returning to the US. What a wonderful network! I'm hoping to live for a few months in Andalucia next year and have joined the Facebook groups for the USK chapters in Sevilla, Granada, and Córdoba.
Anyway ... you can connect with the Santiago group at https://boscquejeros.blogspot.com/ I don't know if they are strictly part of USK but you how it is -- a big family. There is a Spain USK website with contact emails: http://spain.urbansketchers.org/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back