• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago artist who makes custom souvenir certificates

LavanyaLea

Time of past OR future Camino
N Wales, Frances, Salvador, Primitivo 2022
[Moderator note: this post was moved from another thread, in order highlight it better.]

I am neither artistic nor literary, but many forum participants are one or the other, and some are both. Perhaps people could put together ideas for a document that one could order and purchase through Ivar's business. It could possibly include a list of places where one stayed and maybe even a map of the actual route since some people mix and match their routes or take detours. It could have actual distances and dates. I imagine it being printed on heavy stock paper, with a fancy font, and with some color. It could be available in many different languages, even Latin for some purists. Maybe different versions could be offered – religious, spiritual, secular, etc.

Bob
Zamo Tamay is an artist based in Santiago, his gallery is just a few mins walk from the Cathedral. He does exactly what you had written above. First, you choose a piece of pilgrim related artwork, then on the much larger mounting cardboard, he writes down your stages and distances covered…. Some extra words…. Some nice drawings…. Etc. If you spend time talking to him then he will get to “know you” and personalise it more. He drew a very cute sketch of Fuji as a peRRegrina actually! Complete with pilgrim’s hat and shell.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Zamo Tamay is an artist based in Santiago, his gallery is just a few mins walk from the Cathedral. He does exactly what you had written above. First, you choose a piece of pilgrim related artwork, then on the much larger mounting cardboard, he writes down your stages and distances covered…. Some extra words…. Some nice drawings…. Etc. If you spend time talking to him then he will get to “know you” and personalise it more. He drew a very cute sketch of Fuji as a peRRegrina actually! Complete with pilgrim’s hat and shell.
For those who are interested, this is the address: 14, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain.
And I found his page on Facebook.
Also, this article in La Voz de Galicia.

That also has a tradition. In the 1950s and 1960s, the photographer Ksado (Luís Casado Fernández) had a studio in Santiago, where you could have a high-quality artistic commemorative portrait made. Even today, several photographers offer their services, some more touristy with rollup and pilgrim's robes, others more artistically ambitious.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We have a beautiful personalized piece by Tamy and some smaller prints by him hanging in our home. We found him in 2012 and had a great conversation with him. And we’re so thrilled to find something “made in Spain”

For those who are interested, this is the address: 14, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain.
And I found his page on Facebook.
Also, this article in La Voz de Galicia.
I also had him complete a picture for me!!! It turned out beautifully and I will treasure it forever! Attached below is his wonderful creation! He is truly an amazing artist!
[Moderator note: this post was moved from another thread, in order highlight it better.]

20221012_134258 (1).jpg

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.