• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Santiago bus station or bus stop.

David Williamson

Time of past OR future Camino
nil
I am trying to plan a bus to Lugo and on to Sarria.
I can’t work out where buses leave from.
Some information indicates the bus station next to the train station and at other times I am directed to a street near the old town.
Am I reading old information?
Any links that will direct my to what I need?
Thank you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am trying to plan a bus to Lugo and on to Sarria.
I can’t work out where buses leave from.
Some information indicates the bus station next to the train station and at other times I am directed to a street near the old town.
Am I reading old information?
Any links that will direct my to what I need?
Thank you.

Rome2rio has the answers for you and the bus line is called Monbus:

The Monbusses are leaving from the busstation in Santiago (behind the Railway station)
The Monbus ticket counter is inside the bus station hall.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Many routes have multiple stops. When you use Rome2rio or others try to find the route from the Estacion Internodal to where you are going. That is the main bus station next to the train station. It’s modern, had places to wait and a cafeteria.

The bus from Santiago to Sarria stops in Lugo. You can get a compostela by walking from Lugo also. You will connect to the Francés but you will avoid its crowds for a couple of days.

Edit: Lugo is on the Camino Primitivo which joins the Camino Francés at Melide. Distances were recalibrated not too long ago and Lugo was then found to have a distance from SdC just a hair short of the 100 km needed but the authorities decided to allow starts from Lugo to continue to quality for a compostela but your first stamp must be from the city. I recommend getting your first stamp at the cathedral to help things along. Lugo's old city is surrounded by an impressive wall. Google.

Also use this link:

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Back