Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Santiago - Changes to L6 and Airport Bus Service Coming

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I came across this in El Correo Gallego / Santiago in my morning reading. It is in Spanish, but your browser should be able to translate it - or use one of the online translator engines. It is not long.

The gist of the article is that the Concello and Tussa (the municipal bus operator) are splitting the #6 line into two separate routes.

L6 - (Current Route) Will continue the traditional route from Oz Tilos to San Marcos, with some service tweaks to benefit the local residents. - IT WILL NOT GO TO THE AIRPORT.

L6A - NEW - Will operate from to the airport and back. It is intended to service the new train/bus station and the airport - PERIOD. The article is not clear on whether or not the new 6A airport bus will have other stops besides the new bus/train station and the airport.

The planned frequency would continue to be twenty minutes, but with the aim of ensuring that no passenger remains behind for lack of space, as is currently happening.

I do not have a date certain for this service change - stay tuned.

Hope this helps.

Tom

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I came across this in El Correo Gallego / Santiago in my morning reading. It is in Spanish, but your browser should be able to translate it - or use one of the online translator engines. It is not long.

The gist of the article is that the Concello and Tussa (the municipal bus operator) are splitting the #6 line into two separate routes.

L6 - (Current Route) Will continue the traditional route from Oz Tilos to San Marcos, with some service tweaks to benefit the local residents. - IT WILL NOT GO TO THE AIRPORT.

L6A - NEW - Will operate from to the airport and back. It is intended to service the new train/bus station and the airport - PERIOD. The article is not clear on whether or not the new 6A airport bus will have other stops besides the new bus/train station and the airport.

The planned frequency would continue to be twenty minutes, but with the aim of ensuring that no passenger remains behind for lack of space, as is currently happening.

I do not have a date certain for this service change - stay tuned.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Sounds so complicated now. I think I will do what I always do when I don't know what to do, or am too lazy to try to figure it out. I will go to the tourist or pilgrim office and have someone hold my hand and tell me what to do when it is time to go to the airport. Hopefully when I am there I may meet some other pilgrims who are going to the airport when I am going and we can split a taxi. Problem solved haha

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads