• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago de Compostela Airport (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeBurgess

Hi everyone! I've just realised a flaw in my planning - I can't find the airport! I've been looking online for how far it is from the city centre itself, to make sure that when I arrive in Santiago de Compostela, I know where to go to get home!

Does anyone have a map of where it is? Or at least, an indication of how long it will take me to get from the city centre, to the airport. My flight leaves at 11am on a Monday, if that helps anyone!

Gracias y buen camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Jake. It's to the east of Santiago at Lavacolla. Half an hour on the bus from the city centre (3 Euros) leaves every half hour on the half hour during the day.

Buen Camino!

& if you go to tourist office they'll show you where the bus stop is(10 mins walk) away, lovely bus journey, takes you right to 'plane' nearly. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The taxi ride is flat rate - 20E from the Praza do Obradoiro area. Instead of a flag fall on the meter, the driver just punched in the number.

I know I've said it before, the bus route pretty much follows the walking route, so it's great to relive what you did a day or so before....that last few kms :) . (from a bit of height this time)

Buen Camino.- About only 10 kms.-

89226597.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We have an evening flight out of Santiago....surely after walking all that way it would not be unreasonable to walk to the airport. Or am I missing something?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Kiwi-family said:
We have an evening flight out of Santiago....surely after walking all that way it would not be unreasonable to walk to the airport. Or am I missing something?
Yep, quite possible. Just walk back the way you came in, to a large extent. It would be 2 or 3 hours. I've always got the bus just because I don't want to get all sweaty before starting the journey.

Buen Camino!

Take almost any sunny warm/hot day in Spain and that walk around the airport going up to Monte Gozo before coming into Santiago is almost as distressing as that walk around the airport coming into Burgos. Now that you mention it neither is worth remembering on a rainy day as well. I walked back from Burgos trying to find a lost friend and the airport security people on the other side of the fence were not amused to find a pilgrim walking in the “wrong” direction. Just a consideration.

scruffy1 said:
Take almost any sunny warm/hot day in Spain and that walk around the airport going up to Monte Gozo before coming into Santiago is almost as distressing as that walk around the airport coming into Burgos. Now that you mention it neither is worth remembering on a rainy day as well. I walked back from Burgos trying to find a lost friend and the airport security people on the other side of the fence were not amused to find a pilgrim walking in the “wrong” direction. Just a consideration.
Heh heh! I've never done it, but I think in Santiago you could just walk back along the Camino to Lavacolla and then follow the road for a kilometre or so into the airport. No sneaking round fences required! :twisted:

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Abbeydore said:
yeah, I lay money on it that you wont walk 'backwards'
emotionally not easy, its uphill in many ways :)

It might be a little different for us. We won't have "finished" our Camino as we had to choose to do just a short portion this time, so it's more like just a trial....we're hoping to love it so much that we'll come back to do the whole shebang later, so we won't have that emotional feeling of having completed the walk....
I'm not putting money on it either way;-)

Kiwi-family said:
Abbeydore said:
yeah, I lay money on it that you wont walk 'backwards'
emotionally not easy, its uphill in many ways :)

It might be a little different for us. We won't have "finished" our Camino as we had to choose to do just a short portion this time, so it's more like just a trial....we're hoping to love it so much that we'll come back to do the whole shebang later, so we won't have that emotional feeling of having completed the walk....
I'm not putting money on it either way;-)

Your Leon to Santiago "trial" is (I hope) going to give you lots of Camino moments; `Whatever you do I hope you have a lovely time :) .
Buen Camino
David

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back