• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago de Compostela to London

ncali12

I can't seem to find any references to travel from Santiago de Compostela to London. Does anyone have any idea about cheap flights or routes? I'll be departing November 15. Thanks.
Ali

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Ali!

The only direct flight is with Ryanair to London Stansted (departs around 1pm) then onwards by train/bus if you're going to the city centre. The earlier you reserve your flight the cheaper it's likely to be. Make sure you pay for your baggage at the time of booking, and print out your boarding card in advance to avoid extra charges.

Buen Camino!

ps. An alternative is to fly from La Coruna to Heathrow with Vueling airlines. La Coruna is about 50 mins on the train from Santiago and I think costs around 10-15 Euros. Depending on where your final destination is it may be cheaper to do the train part of the journey in Spain. If I remember correctly that flight is also around lunchtime.

We booked on the late night Ryanair flight to get the cheapest deal - the flight was cancelled and we ended up on the more expensive midday one for half the cost! We took the National Express bus into London.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
tyrrek said:
ps. An alternative is to fly from La Coruna to Heathrow with Vueling airlines. La Coruna is about 50 mins on the train from Santiago and I think costs around 10-15 Euros. Depending on where your final destination is it may be cheaper to do the train part of the journey in Spain. If I remember correctly that flight is also around lunchtime.
I took the Vueling flight yesterday, It currently leaves at 15:10. Train was EUR 5.75 then a 10min taxi ride (16 EUR) to airport. I left Santiago at 11:25 and was at airport by 12:30.
There is also a bus service from SdC which stops virtually outside the Coruna airport on the main road and it is then a short couple of mins walk.

Hi Ali,
We just got back... Ryanair was ridiculously expensive, and we found it cheaper to fly to Madrid first, then to Bristol, our most convenient city, from there. We also discovered you can get a coach from Santiago to London for 138 euros,BUT it takes 30 hours which is probably unbearable !! Buen Camino :D

fortview said:
Hi Ali,
We just got back... Ryanair was ridiculously expensive, and we found it cheaper to fly to Madrid first, then to Bristol, our most convenient city, from there. We also discovered you can get a coach from Santiago to London for 138 euros,BUT it takes 30 hours which is probably unbearable !! Buen Camino :D
That's shocking on several levels! I've done a 30 hour coach trip from Poland to the UK and swore I would never do it again even if it involved filing for bankruptcy. I never did, but managed to avoid bankruptcy thanks to my Dad. :oops: Even so, I think my last return flight to Santiago cost about £150 all in, so you should be able to get a one way flight for less than 100 Euros/pounds, I reckon.

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back