• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago favorites accommodations

1elantra

Time of past OR future Camino
way of St James
Hi all, with much accommodation options i Santiago, what are some personal favourites please.

I prefer private room, central to cathedral, mid cost for about 3 nights in May.

Any suggestions 🙂

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hospedería San Martín Pinario is on the Camino where you enter the Praza do Obradoiro through the arch. The pilgrim rate was 25€ for a single room with breakfast, but you need to call ... it is not available online. The hotel room which was a slight upgrade was 45€ with breakfast. Lunch was great for ~12€ in a cool room. There is a coffee lounge across from the reception desk.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello from Newfoundland. I have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Costa Vella…..absolutely fantastic and delivers on everything you have set out as your wishes. It also has the most magical garden which is a key feature in the city. Buen Camino !

I spent last night in a very central pension - Pazo de Agra. Less than 5 minutes walk from the cathedral, 3 minutes from the airport bus stop, and about 2 minutes from Casa Ivar! A bit old-fashioned in fittings but cheap and clean and convenient. In the pedestrian zone so fairly quiet too. €25 for a single room with private bathroom. I would be very happy to stay there again.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here is another vote for Hotel Costa Vella - I stay here every time in Santiago. Five minute walk to the Cathedral. It has a lovely private yard where you can have breakfast or a drink. Breakfast is great as well. The owner (Antonio) and his family have operated the hotel for many years.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Linkster
Hospedería San Martín Pinario is on the Camino where you enter the Praza do Obradoiro through the arch. The pilgrim rate was 25€ for a single room with breakfast, but you need to call ... it is not available online. The hotel room which was a slight upgrade was 45€ with breakfast. Lunch was great for ~12€ in a cool room. There is a coffee lounge across from the reception desk.
The HSMP is before you enter the Praza, before the arch. As Tom Hagger has said, you can book by email. You can book the 'regular' rooms online, but you need to request a pilgrim room by email.

The HSMP is before you enter the Praza, before the arch. As Tom Hagger has said, you can book by email. You can book the 'regular' rooms online, but you need to request a pilgrim room by email.
They seem to be booked for my dates. Looking at Hostal Anosa Casa. Anyone stayed here

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stayed at Lux hotel (modern, a few blocks from the Cathedral) in the newer portion of the city and Hotel Montenegro (charming, very close to the Cathedral. Both were fine and reasonably priced. Montenegro is halfway up a very steep street so be careful if the treads on your shoes are worn down and it has rained!

Hello from Newfoundland. I have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Costa Vella…..absolutely fantastic and delivers on everything you have set out as your wishes. It also has the most magical garden which is a key feature in the city. Buen Camino !
Could not agree more...they really helped me out a couple of times and it is a beautiful spot

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I love staying at Simanario Menor, (Always reminds me of the X-men mansion)

Good location, 10 min walk to city centre/cathedral/train/bus station!

Bit of a uphill trek, but your are rewarding with great views across the city!

Check in staff are always pleasant and helpful!

Great place to meet other pilgrims and share stories!

Big communal kitchen/dining room/cafe
Plenty of toilets/showers

Dorms €17 euros
Private room €23 euros 09A13C62-332D-48DC-808E-29E3F2EA9359.jpegF7032745-4326-43F0-AD68-A6E87BC4F9CE.jpeg452A8C2C-E15D-4699-8ACB-4128447B63F7.jpeg

For location and price..if you are looking for a normal albergue situation, The Last Stamp
Stayed here after walking the Camino Portugues in 2017! Wanted somewhere central as I was continuing onto Muxia/Finisterre the day after!
Was quite small if I remember right!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I love staying at Simanario Menor, (Always reminds me of the X-men mansion)

Good location, 10 min walk to city centre/cathedral/train/bus station!

Bit of a uphill trek, but your are rewarding with great views across the city!

Check in staff are always pleasant and helpful!

Great place to meet other pilgrims and share stories!

Big communal kitchen/dining room/cafe
Plenty of toilets/showers

Dorms €17 euros
Private room €23 euros View attachment 140852View attachment 140853View attachment 140854
Looks lovely thanks

Hi all, with much accommodation options i Santiago, what are some personal favourites please.

I prefer private room, central to cathedral, mid cost for about 3 nights in May.

Any suggestions 🙂
For no particular reason - other than it’s where I stayed first time in Santiago a decade ago - I always go back to the ‘Altair’. Not the cheapest, but close enough to the centre, spotless and professionally staffed. A local attraction was the Restaurante San Roque; which I fear may have closed.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I love that little hotel. It is my fav place to stay on my own.
If I am leading a group then Hospedería San Martín Pinario it has to be.

For location and price..if you are looking for a normal albergue situation, The Last Stamp
My wife and I liked Hostal Suzo on Rua del Villar. A bustling street with colonnades to keep you out of the rain. Down the street from the cathedral. Lots of shops and restaurants. Clean and friendly small hotel with an attached restaurant bar on the first floor. Stayed three days.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've recently stayed in Pension Libredon and Casa Celsa. Loved them both and so close to the Cathedral.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.