• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago, finisterra, muxia

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
I have a coupe of weeks free starting September 2nd... Considering doing a loop from Santiago.. has anyone done it? It does come with a few questions:
Do I have a burger king before I set off from Santiago or wait till I get back?
Do you think there's a better 2 week walk? (I've done CP from Porto)
Can I take poles on the... Sorry, couldn't resist.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Apologies for the digression, but if you make the pilgrimage to Santiago and decide to continue to Finestere and Muxia, - Do you get your Compostella in Santiago first? Do you get another credential for the second part, or use your original credential?

Apologies for the digression, but if you make the pilgrimage to Santiago and decide to continue to Finestere and Muxia, - Do you get your Compostella in Santiago first? Do you get another credential for the second part, or use your original credential?
Compostela in Santiago.. then pick up a new finisterra credential for the finisterra certificate (I'm sure someone will tell you the name. They're pleasant enough, I got one) I'm assuming muxia had a similar thing?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Yes you can claim the compostela when you first arrive in Santiago. You can use your original credential, or get a new one, up to you.

If you walk back to Santiago (either Finisterre-Muxia- Santiago OR Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago) you can the claim another compostela as the distance is over 100km. You can also claim a certificate on arrival in Finisterre, and a certificate for arriving in Muxia.

Davey

I've done it twice, both times this year.

First time was just a 4 day trip to Muxia, taxi to Finesterre and a bus back.

Second time was 4 days to Muxia, 2 days to walk from there to Finesterre and 4 days back.

4 days to Muxia is perfect I think. Especially if you are starting in Santiago, the 3 days that is often recommended is just a little too hard to start with I think. Negreira, Mt Aro, Dumbia and Muxia is perfect.
Muxia to Finesterre was a very lazy two days ... but it did mean I wasnt tired on arrival, and visiting the beaches and lighthouse was nice.

I didnt enjoy walking back though. It would seem that 95% of people bus back, so I felt like I was walking against the tide all the time.

Yes you can claim the compostela when you first arrive in Santiago. You can use your original credential, or get a new one, up to you.

If you walk back to Santiago (either Finisterre-Muxia- Santiago OR Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago) you can the claim another compostela as the distance is over 100km. You can also claim a certificate on arrival in Finisterre, and a certificate for arriving in Muxia.

Davey
It may be a silly ? but if I do the CP then the Finisterre-Muxia- SdC can I wait till I’m back in SdC to claim both my compostelas at same time? Dee

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It may be a silly ? but if I do the CP then the Finisterre-Muxia- SdC can I wait till I’m back in SdC to claim both my compostelas at same time? Dee

I walked the Norte to Santiago, then on to Muxia, Finesterre and walked back to SdC. It was then that I claimed my compostela, just the one ... for 1057km.

Actually, I posted earlier to say I dont think many people walk back from Finesterre, this is slightly backed up by my experience in the pilgrims office as first time writing the certificate, he didnt include the walking back distance. I queried this and made him write another certificate ... he was surprised I walked both ways, and that was the only part of my credencial he really checked ... not many people walk back.

You can, but you will need separate credentials for each compostela or they might treat it as one journey.

Davey

I have done santago muxia and finistera and this morning I WOULD not be eissiod a citifate

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have done santago muxia and finistera and this morning I WOULD not be eissiod a citifate
Your walk has to end in Santiago to be eligible for a Compostela.
A Fisterra-Muxía-Santiago or Muxía-Fisterra-Santiago trek does qualify because they are over 100 km and end in Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back