• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago-Finisterre four days?

Inbar

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances September 2015; Camino Portugues October 2017
Hello all!
I was wondering if there is a way to do Santiago-Finisrerre in four days, about 20 km's a day? We would really like to avoid 30 km days, but I haven't seen any option because the albergues seem to be very far apart.

I wouldn't mind going to a tourist hostel if that's necessary.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Inbar,

Been looking into the distances too. Except for the etapa of 28k, all others are around 20k.

1ª Etapa Santiago – Negreira 21 km.
2ª Etapa Negreira – Santa Mariña 21 Km.
3ª Etapa Santa Mariña – Cee 28 Km.
4ª Etapa Cee – Faro de Finisterre 18 Km.

It's a good idea to make a reservation at the private albergue in Santa Marina.
Pilgrims are arriving from 2 sides now.
More and more pilgrims walks Camino Finesterre-Muxía and back to Santiago again.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Inbar,
here is my plan:
- Santiago - Negreira 22,1
- Negreira - Olveiora 31,6
- Olveiora - Finisterre 31,4

Hi Inbar,

Been looking into the distances too. Except for the etapa of 28k, all others are around 20k.

Hi Sabine, not so long distances! Perfect. I have made a note.

I walked last year from Santiago to Muxia then Finisterre over five days, staying at Santa Marina on the second night. Whatever way I looked at going to Finisterre, there was always going to be at least one pretty long day, but at least staying there broke up what would otherwise have been a very long day if I had walked on to Olveiroa.

I was using Brierley's guide, and it shows a private albergue on the LC-403. It was closed, and I walked back to Casa Papa in the village. It was a very pleasant place to stay.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello all!
I was wondering if there is a way to do Santiago-Finisrerre in four days, about 20 km's a day? We would really like to avoid 30 km days, but I haven't seen any option because the albergues seem to be very far apart.

I wouldn't mind going to a tourist hostel if that's necessary.

In June, I walked from Santiago to Finisterre in four days:
Day 1 - Santiago to Negreira - 22 km (stayed at Hotel Millan - didn't love it)
Day 2 - Negreira to Olveiroa 33.1 km (Casa Loncho - loved it!)
Day 3 - Olveiroa to Cee - about 18km (Berimar - nice)
Day 4 - Cee to Finisterre - about 13 km? (Hotel Do Mar - also nice)

Buen Camino!

Thank you all :) will go with the Santa Mariña-Cee option.
We found those 30km days on the way to Santiago just weren't for us.

I stayed in Cee at the albergue Moreira, 71 Rua de Rosalia de Castro in 2012. It had a dormitory with I think about 24(?) bunks and some two bed rooms. As I recall very friendly family, excellent large individual shower rooms, lockers, power points by each bed, washing machine, kitchen/dining room and overlooking sea. It was quite and I enjoyed it. Dying was on clothes airers outside on quiet street. Right on Camino. When you you reach Rua de Rosalia de Castro at the bottom of the steps from the corner where Rua Campo de Sacremento becomes Rua Marina it is 20 metres on your left. I would recommend it. Hope you find this useful.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed in Cee at the albergue Moreira, 71 Rua de Rosalia de Castro in 2012. It had a dormitory with I think about 24(?) bunks and some two bed rooms. As I recall very friendly family, excellent large individual shower rooms, lockers, power points by each bed, washing machine, kitchen/dining room and overlooking sea. It was quite and I enjoyed it. Dying was on clothes airers outside on quiet street. Right on Camino. When you you reach Rua de Rosalia de Castro at the bottom of the steps from the corner where Rua Campo de Sacremento becomes Rua Marina it is 20 metres on your left. I would recommend it. Hope you find this useful.
We took your advice and it really was a nice place to stay! Thank you. Best shower I've had on the Camino!

Hi Inbar,

My wife and I just finished the Camino Finisterre using this route. Rained hard on the third day which made for a tough day, but it is Galicia. Beautiful walk.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back