• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago for Dinner

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Everytime I've been to dinner in Santiago I've been really disappointed... I'm sure it's just been bad luck but... Please someone recommend a good restaurant for us.

I do appreciate it will be 12 October so choice will be limited but where would you recommend?

Thanks 😁

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Another vote for Casa Manolo. Only pilgrims there when I went, but they seemed to know what pilgrims want (sorry, need ;)). It's fast and furious, so if you want something a bit more luxurious, maybe not . . . however,
I loved it. Suited us as a small "camino family", who had met up again in Santiago and wanted something good, cheap and cheerful before moving on to other bars around town.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Everytime I've been to dinner in Santiago I've been really disappointed... I'm sure it's just been bad luck but... Please someone recommend a good restaurant for us.

I do appreciate it will be 12 October so choice will be limited but where would you recommend?

Thanks 😁
Pedro Roca - excellent restaurant. If you are facing tthe Pilgrim Office, it is around the corner, down the street on the right. Great food! Enjoy.

Thanks 😁

Three times, and I've had the same experience. Maybe some of the ones mentioned are good?

I've had lunch there several times and assumed they did dinner as well.
I didn’t know that. It is such a nice place, I will make a point of going there for lunch next time I’m in Santiago. Such nice people, too. I stayed at the Costa Vella for years until I got hooked on San Martín Pinario. The family also owns the Altair and one other hotel a few doors down.

But @LesBrass, I think the foodies on the forum would tell you that one of the places to go is Casa Marcelo. I think @laineylainey was there recently, but I haven’t heard what she thought about it. It’s a little place with the name handwritten on the window. Go down the stairs in front of the parador, past the street where the pilgrims office is, a block or two and it’s on your left.

I’ve also been to the place @natefaith recommended — dezaseis — and liked it very much. For down home heavy nothing gourmet, Bodeguilla San Roque is also a good choice. Great pimientos de padrón.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This place got a Michelin star a year ago (so, for the foodies, no pilgrims menu here):

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think Casa Marcelo also has a Michelin star now! I had an amazing lunch there in June - a very memorable experience but yes it’s definitely not the usual pilgrim price!!! But so wonderful, oysters, the most amazing salad (cucumber granita anyone?) and steak tartare. Fantastic.

Wow... So many replies! You wonderful people thank you so much!

@kirkie NO blisters (well a teeny tiny one). I need to find some Lone Peak 3s... I think I saw some on US amazon. They just work for my feet 😊

We're staying in Casa Felisa I think?

We will go through this list tomorrow and choose somewhere wonderful... Thank you all so much! (must sleep now... Early start tomorrow 🤣)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ps we arrived and we have a number 😁 actually our number was too early as it was likely to clash with our cathedral tour... So we swapped with some Pilgrim friends.

And @peregrina2000 we are at casa felisa and they are open tonight so we feel we should give this a try!

Many thanks for all the suggestions... Will note for next time ❤️🚶🍴

Glad you got a place to go. If I can throw in a suggestion. Last year a fantastic pilgrim friend took 7of us, yes 7 to dinner at the Parador. It was a fantastic dinner. I had the waiter order for me. We shared multiple hot d'oeuvres. I had an great fish dish with delicious vegetables and the dessert was a house special that was to die for. Don't remember what anything was called as I left it all to our wonderful waiter. Don't know the cost either as my friend got the bill!!! Great night!

Of the dozen or so restaurants I have tried in Santiago, To Taberna do Bispo is my favorite. Yes, it's a tapas place, but their variety and service easily can make it a proper meal.
View attachment 65702

I’ve been here three time and absolutely love their tapas. Great with a group and affordable as well. The razor clams are wonderful.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thanks 😁

The Paradiso restaurant. Staff excellent, good food, and good value. I wish I was there again.

Thanks 😁

Surprised & disappointed to hear that - on 7 visits to SdC we’ve still to have a bad meal (and in no rush to do so!).

Our all round middle of the road favourite is
Los sobrinos del padre near to the Cathedral square, El Hospidario and Hotel San Miguel.
Family run and good, well priced home made food to suit all tastes.

Buen Camino and enjoy Santiago!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Of the dozen or so restaurants I have tried in Santiago, To Taberna do Bispo is my favorite. Yes, it's a tapas place, but their variety and service easily can make it a proper meal.
View attachment 65702
My favourite tapas bar - I have been there several times for excellent tapas & also with friends where we sat at a table & shared a wonderful selection of Galician delicacies.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back