• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago Muxia Fisterra route accomodation

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2013, June 2014, Oct 2014, May 2015, and more
I would like to share with anyone interested my route and the accommodation that I used.
Day 1
My flight got into Santiago airport at 15.45hrs. I shared a taxi with Gerry from Northern Ireland to Prazo Obradoiro and we were walking at 16.35hrs on route to Muxia/Fisterra.
We walked 12km approx to Lombao and stayed at Casa Riamonte, Albergue and private room/s. 12 euro. Dinner 15 euro. Good dinner. Pleasant peregrino company!
Day 2
Lombao to Santa Marina, 30km approx. Casa Pepe, Albergue 12 euro. Good facilities. Dinner 10 euro, fair. Good atmosphere.
Day 3
Santa Marina to Dunbria, 20km approx. lunch at As Pias, Olveiroa. Very pleasant host, good food. In Dunbria I stayed in Albergue Conco Xunta, ultra modern, 6 euro. Only 2 stayed for the night.
Day 4
Dunbria to Muxia, 20km approx. Excellent tortilla for breakfast in cafe A Coxa, Senade. Stayed in Bella Muxia, 12 euro. Excellent facilities. Great place for fish/food and breakfast next door in hotel Lo Lo.
Very welcoming people in Muxia especially the gentleman in the tourist office almost next door to Bella Muxia where you get your Muxiana certificate.
Day 5
Muxia to Lires, 15km approx. No cafe en route. Lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast in Lires, As Eiras. Albergue and private rooms. I took a room with a bath, 30 euro for room only. Great view out to the sea. Very good food and very helpful family hosts.
Day 6
Lires to Fisterra, 13.5km approx. no cafe en route. Stayed at Albergue Do Mar, 12 euro for Albergue. I took a private room with bath, 35 euro. Perfect location overlooking beach on the Camino. 7/8 mins walk to bus stop. Modern, clean, very good facilities. Computer and printer for free. Very helpful staff.
Good seafood in town. Pity about the rain but it didn't dampen my spirits. I took the bus back to Santiago.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I did intend to walk to Cee from Fisterra and get the bus from there back to Santiago but I had some very wet days while walking and there was 17mm rain forecast for the next day so I can decided to cut my trip short by one day. I finished on 7th October 2014.
I had walked from St.Jean to Sarria in June 2014 and Sarria to Santiago in June 2013.
I loved the pace I took on this short trip and was able to enjoy it. I met people that had completed full Caminos and who found the stages of 30km per day very long. I would recommend this short trip as a taster Camino before starting a longer trip. I also loved the quiet trails.
Good luck with your planning!

@Catherine Fingleton

My wife and I have walked 4 Caminos so far. Some were long and others short. This year we walked the Camino Ingles. It´s a short one and we made it a bit longer by walking shorter stages. By doing this we were able to enjoy it even more.

Next year as I mentioned above our Camino next year will be Santiago - Muxia - Fisterra. We´ll take our time and hope to enjoy it as much as you have.

Ondo Ibili !

I particularly liked my time in Santiago after my short walk. The last time I finished a felt it was an anticlimax. I really got a lot from the Englash Mass in a tiny chapel in the cathedral. It's held at 10.30 am daily. It was quite emotional, I felt great gratitude and humbled to be able to walk and participate in all things Camino! Don't forget your certificate from the municipal Albergue in Fisterra.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would like to share with anyone interested my route and the accommodation that I used.
Day 1
My flight got into Santiago airport at 15.45hrs. I shared a taxi with Gerry from Northern Ireland to Prazo Obradoiro and we were walking at 16.35hrs on route to Muxia/Fisterra.
We walked 12km approx to Lombao and stayed at Casa Riamonte, Albergue and private room/s. 12 euro. Dinner 15 euro. Good dinner. Pleasant peregrino company!
Day 2
Lombao to Santa Marina, 30km approx. Casa Pepe, Albergue 12 euro. Good facilities. Dinner 10 euro, fair. Good atmosphere.
Day 3
Santa Marina to Dunbria, 20km approx. lunch at As Pias, Olveiroa. Very pleasant host, good food. In Dunbria I stayed in Albergue Conco Xunta, ultra modern, 6 euro. Only 2 stayed for the night.
Day 4
Dunbria to Muxia, 20km approx. Excellent tortilla for breakfast in cafe A Coxa, Senade. Stayed in Bella Muxia, 12 euro. Excellent facilities. Great place for fish/food and breakfast next door in hotel Lo Lo.
Very welcoming people in Muxia especially the gentleman in the tourist office almost next door to Bella Muxia where you get your Muxiana certificate.
Day 5
Muxia to Lires, 15km approx. No cafe en route. Lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast in Lires, As Eiras. Albergue and private rooms. I took a room with a bath, 30 euro for room only. Great view out to the sea. Very good food and very helpful family hosts.
Day 6
Lires to Fisterra, 13.5km approx. no cafe en route. Stayed at Albergue Do Mar, 12 euro for Albergue. I took a private room with bath, 35 euro. Perfect location overlooking beach on the Camino. 7/8 mins walk to bus stop. Modern, clean, very good facilities. Computer and printer for free. Very helpful staff.
Good seafood in town. Pity about the rain but it didn't dampen my spirits. I took the bus back to Santiago.

Hola Catherine ,we plan to walk Santiago – Finisterre – Muxía end of May. Many thanks for sharing your journey which we find very helpful.
Buen Camino.:)
Slán.
Des.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back