• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Santiago on Wed/Thurs

MeganG22

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-->SdC
(Oct3-Nov3 2012)
Pamplona-->SdC
(Oct1-Oct29 2014)
Upcoming!
Pamplona-->SdC
May 1-? 2017
Hello to all!

Spending a cozy night in Arzua tonight with plans of being in Santiago day after tomorrow and staying a couple nights. If anyone is around or would like to meet up, don't hesitate to shoot me a message!
Hope everyone is safe and happy wherever they are on the Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello to all!

Spending a cozy night in Arzua tonight with plans of being in Santiago day after tomorrow and staying a couple nights. If anyone is around or would like to meet up, don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Megan

Pop into Terra Nova Pilgrim House at 17.00 on Thursday where they organise an informal get together for pilgrims over some light snacks and coffee, tea ..... they also offer free WIFI, donation laundry service, bags storage and lots of advice from 10.00 to 20.00 most days of the week. They are on 19 Rua Street, which is parallel to the Compostella Office street ....

C

Last edited:
Hello to all!

Megan
left arzua this morning and now chilling in podrouzo. Not sure in sdc tomorrow or day after. Celebration time for sure
ric
Hello to all!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well I am STILL in Santiago- though the rain has now arrived which is a bit of a bummer! But hanging here until Wednesday night-- was truly lucky to have amazing weather the last two days in Muxia and Finisterre and now the time has come to start saying goodbye to my Camino family as people move on.
Hope everyone is safe and well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello to all!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Megan
I am busy arranging acomadation for my forth coming Camino.
One of the places I have picked to stop over is Azua, if you remember tomorow could you reccomend or not your stop over
there .
Regards Joe Naylor

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Joe,
Welcome to the Forum! You will find lots of useful info here to help you plan your camino. In Arzua I have always stayed at the Xunta albergue. Centrally located, heated in winter and with GREAT showers it is a bargain at 6 euros for a bunk. See http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-de-arzua for more info. Happy planning and Buen camino,
Margaret Meredith

Hi Megan
I am busy arranging acomadation for my forth coming Camino.
One of the places I have picked to stop over is Azua, if you remember tomorow could you reccomend or not your stop over
there .
Regards Joe Naylor

Hi Joe-
Two years ago I stayed at the Xunta hostel, which I chose not to stay at again this time around. In October I stayed at Albergue Ultreia which is one of the first ones you pass once you reach town. However, I made a note to myself that next time I would keep walking into town to stay somewhere else- probably the last albergue you reach, whose name escapes me now.
There are plenty of options in Arzua and depending on when you are walking, it is not necessary to book too far ahead in advance.
Good luck!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Joe-
Two years ago I stayed at the Xunta hostel, which I chose not to stay at again this time around. In October I stayed at Albergue Ultreia which is one of the first ones you pass once you reach town. However, I made a note to myself that next time I would keep walking into town to stay somewhere else- probably the last albergue you reach, whose name escapes me now.
There are plenty of options in Arzua and depending on when you are walking, it is not necessary to book too far ahead in advance.
Good luck!

My Gratefull thanks for your help.
I have also asked about, how will I know where to get Stamps on the Credental.

I posted this earlier but only had replys saying "dont worry about that" well I am a worryer, I like to be as fully breifed as I can.
Any help accepted with thanks.

Joe

... I have also asked about, how will I know where to get Stamps on the Credental.
I posted this earlier but only had replys saying "dont worry about that" well I am a worryer, I like to be as fully breifed as I can.

Your Credencial / Pilgrims' Passport gets stamped at the albergues / other accommodation where you spend the night. Other places that provides stamps are bars, churches ect. Hope that helps to calm down the nerves ;-) Buen Camino, SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back