• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Santiago replication Scent store

artsschmidt

Camino(s) past & future
August 25, 2016
There is a shop in the old town of Santiago that sells a wide variety of replicated scents. I bought some while there and was going to buy more next trip but...COVID. It is in a cute shop that i think is on a small corner. The scents are in large glass jars on the shelves and the proprietor fills smaller bottles for the customer. Does anyone know the name? Thank you, Shirley

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
There is a shop in the old town of Santiago that sells a wide variety of replicated scents. I bought some while there and was going to buy more next trip but...COVID. It is in a cute shop that i think is on a small corner. The scents are in large glass jars on the shelves and the proprietor fills smaller bottles for the customer. Does anyone know the name? Thank you, Shirley

I think it is La Reina de Saba on Rúa da Algalia de Arriba.

They also have a FB account.

El Cascayal

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo May 2019
Invierno November 2019
Ingles April (2020) postponed
Ha, my first thought was this meant replication of the smells of the Camino! I imagined cow dung, body odour and stinky socks 😂😂
I would sign up for the cow pies. In Asturias & Galicia it smelled to me as fresh mown grass and freshly fallen Spring rain. 🤣😂

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)

Shirley -clearly if you’re planning a repeat purchase you were happy with the products. Did you feel that the replicas were close matches to the originals, or just decent products in their own right?

I did buy my wife a replica fragrance product once - and the feedback was far from positive.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
I am curious - what are "replicated scents"?

But it is a legal sale. The manufacturers replicate/duplicate the basic formula of a certain scent but with cheaper ( and not always with the same chemical elements ) ingredients.
But it is not counterfeit material like the fake perfumes that customs take in custody.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 200 15.2%
  • May