• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago this morning

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
full

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Beautiful shot. Will be volunteering in the Oficina de Peregrinos late August. Looking forward to seeing the cathedral without scaffolding to the plaza!! thanks for everything you do, Ivar.
Agreed!!! This is a beautiful picture and it says so many things as you look at everything in the picture.

Also Joseph, Patty and I will be taking over for you in the Pilgrims Office on 10 Sept. See you then!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ivar, such a beautiful picture. I completed my Camino from SJPdP on 21 April 2018 when the left tower of the Camino was covered in scaffold. Lovely to see the scaffolding has gone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Also, the Portico de la Gloria is once again open, after a 10-year renovation. The queue, and entry is separate from entry to the Cathedral. The queue is on the west side, main entry to the Cathedral.

Presently, the lines are running 2 hours or so. They permit a tranche if 25 persons in for 15 minutes. The site is open from 08:00 to 22:00, 7 days a week.

The entry to get into the Cathedral proper remains through the south transept, up the stairs at Plaza Praterias. The exit continues via the north transept.

National Geographic recently ran an article featuring restoration of the historically important Portico de la Gloria. IMHO, these are the best high-resolution color photos of the architectural and sculptural details that you will find anywhere.

Here is a link to the Spanish edition...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com....ico-gloria-catedral-santiago-compostela_12933

I am here, working at the Pilgrim Office since 8 July. My last day is 11 August. As always, it is challenging, exhausting, and exhilarating, all at the same time.

Hope this works...and helps.

Also, the Portico de la Gloria is once again open, after a 10-year renovation. The queue, and entry is separate from entry to the Cathedral. The queue is on the west side, main entry to the Cathedral.

Presently, the lines are running 2 hours or so. They permit a tranche if 25 persons in for 15 minutes. The site is open from 08:00 to 22:00, 7 days a week.

The entry to get into the Cathedral proper remains through the south transept, up the stairs at Plaza Praterias. The exit continues via the north transept.

National Geographic recently ran an article featuring restoration of the historically important Portico de la Gloria. IMHO, these are the best high-resolution color photos of the architectural and sculptural details that you will find anywhere.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com....ico-gloria-catedral-santiago-compostela_12933

I am here, working at the Pilgrim Office since 8 July. My last day is 11 August. As always, it is challenging, exhausting, and exhilarating, all at the same time.

Thank you T2andreo. Very informative and appreciated....Ed

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Oh, great. Is it a new experience for you guys? For me, it is.

@josephmcclain — I volunteered at the Oficina del Peregrino for two weeks this past May. A fantastic experience! Such a tremendous honor to be the agent of welcome at this very symbolic moment in a pilgrim’s journey. I can’t wait to volunteer again one day. Enjoy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Agreed!!! This is a beautiful picture and it says so many things as you look at everything in the picture.

Also Joseph, Patty and I will be taking over for you in the Pilgrims Office on 10 Sept. See you then!!
Make sure you leave the place clean and tidy for me on the 24th then! ;) So looking forward to helping out.

OMG, those pictures are absolutely amazing. You should post them on another thread, t2. I can’t imagine how anyone can look at those pictures and not be filled with awe, thinking, as I always do when I see these things, that there is absolutely nothing I will ever do in my life that will be admired and loved by people more than a thousand years from now.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thanks for the link. It is excellent.

Thanks for the link, excellent. You finish tomorrow: a special service, and clearly one that you love to give. Thanks for all your helpful contributions in the forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.