• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Fatima

PattyKoed

Time of past OR future Camino
Full Camino 2017
Hello All, I am planning to walk the full Camino in September/October, beginning in SJPP. Upon reaching Santiago I would then like to continue my walk to Fátima. Is this possible? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello All, I am planning to walk the full Camino in September/October, beginning in SJPP. Upon reaching Santiago I would then like to continue my walk to Fátima. Is this possible? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Hi, Patty, welcome to the forum. I have moved your post. As a new member, you might not know that there are a lot of different subforums. You posted this question in the "Camino Crime Watch" section, so I moved it to the "Walking to Fátima" section. If you click on the Walking to Fatima link you will see above this thread, you will pull up all of the threads that have been posted on this topic. Here is one of them exactly on point:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...g-from-santiago-de-compstela-to-fatima.51731/

This is the one route for which "walking backwards" may not be a problem, because I think the route to Fátima is marked, at least from the border, through Coimbra, and then detours off of the Camino.

Hi Patty, you can find the information you need at the website of the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima. http://www.caminho.com.pt/index_e.html
You can find the first blue arrows on the exit of Santiago. Please feel free to contact our Pilgrim Association if you have more questions.
Bom Caminho. Rodrigo Cerqueira
1FEFFB74-43FF-4A8F-939F-F0DDBDE9E532.jpeg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The very first day I walked any camino routes, the first person I met was a French pilgrim headed in the opposite direction. It was July 2006 and the pilgrim was headed to Fatima! Still remember every detail of the conversation, a real spiritual uplift for me. I am sure that you will have a wonderful experience.

The very first day I walked any camino routes, the first person I met was a French pilgrim headed in the opposite direction. It was July 2006 and the pilgrim was headed to Fatima! Still remember every detail of the conversation, a real spiritual uplift for me. I am sure that you will have a wonderful experience.
Jim, thank you so much for your reply. It actually gave me “heart squeeze” which is confirmation for me that this is what I will do and what I must do. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.