• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia end of May

elaine16

Time of past OR future Camino
21st-28th june 2016
Hello my Dad and I will be walking Santiago to Finisterre and then on to Muxia for a total of four days, we have our accommodation booked in advance but was hoping for some information regarding the way marking along the way and if is straightforward. Also in terms of food along the way are there may options? And also if anyone can let me know the kind of weather we can expect?

Finally we are hoping to get the early bus back from Muxia to Santiago and wanted to check is this about 6.30am and do you need to purchase a ticket in advance?

Many thanks for any info you can provide
regards
Elaine

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello my Dad and I will be walking Santiago to Finisterre and then on to Muxia for a total of four days, we have our accommodation booked in advance but was hoping for some information regarding the way marking along the way and if is straightforward. Also in terms of food along the way are there may options? And also if anyone can let me know the kind of weather we can expect?

Finally we are hoping to get the early bus back from Muxia to Santiago and wanted to check is this about 6.30am and do you need to purchase a ticket in advance?

Many thanks for any info you can provide
regards
Elaine
In terms of return buses from Muxia , in my opinion it is much better to travel Santiago ,Muxia Finisterre as service Finisterre / Santiago is better , more buses than from Muxia / Finisterre,,,,,,,,,,,,,have travelled this way on 2 occasions. Go to Website for exact info.
Waymarking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No problem
Weather,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Expect changeable , as it can do , but i experienced mostly good weather ( bring a bathing suit )
Food,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Plenty of options
Enjoy , Paddy ( Dublin)

In terms of return buses from Muxia , in my opinion it is much better to travel Santiago ,Muxia Finisterre as service Finisterre / Santiago is better , more buses than from Muxia / Finisterre,,,,,,,,,,,,,have travelled this way on 2 occasions. Go to Website for exact info.
Waymarking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No problem
Weather,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Expect changeable , as it can do , but i experienced mostly good weather ( bring a bathing suit )
Food,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Plenty of options
Enjoy , Paddy ( Dublin)
You should purchase your ticket in advance in Finisterre , ask for office , but also pay on the bus

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello my Dad and I will be walking Santiago to Finisterre and then on to Muxia for a total of four days, we have our accommodation booked in advance but was hoping for some information regarding the way marking along the way and if is straightforward.
I don't remember any problems. From Finisterre to Lires (2015) there were some long stretches with no marking even though you were on the camino. I guess the thought was "We pointed you down the road and you won't need any arrows until you need to turn." It would have been nice to see a few reassuring arrows though. Note that people walk in both directions between Finisterre and Muxia so there are arrows pointing both north and south. If you stop for a break or pause at an intersection with multiple paths be sure that when you continue you don't follow arrows pointing you back in the direction you just came from.

Thanks everyone for your replies, only 18 days to go really looking forward to it. We did Sarria to Santiago last year and expecting a very different walk this time.

Regards
Elaine

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I got lost between Finisterre and Muxia. I should qualify this by saying that I have walked many days on various caminos and regularly get lost.It is fairly well marked. I have come to accept this experience. Lires to Muxia was no problem. I tried to walk from Muxia back to Oliveria but after 4 hours I ended up back in Muxia..that was a strange one!

I got lost between Finisterre and Muxia. I should qualify this by saying that I have walked many days on various caminos and regularly get lost.It is fairly well marked. I have come to accept this experience. Lires to Muxia was no problem. I tried to walk from Muxia back to Oliveria but after 4 hours I ended up back in Muxia..that was a strange one!
On Lires to Muxia , or Muxia to Lires make sure to briing sufficient water as there is nowhere to buy more on the way. There is a fuente on the way but it is easily passed by .

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back