A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Santiago to Finisterre in 4 days - best stopping points?

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

DuaneS

Camino(s) past & future
Sep 1 - 13th, 2019: Porto - Santiago
April 4th from SJPDP - May 5, 2017.
Hi everyone,

I completed the Camino Frances from SJPDP to Santiago in 2017, and I'm meeting some friends shortly in Santiago to do a four day walk to Finisterre. Can someone let us know where the best places to stop are for a four-day leisurely trip, and potentially since nice albergues or hostels at those points? Given that our route/time is fixed, I may try to reserve a few spots to take some of the pressure off.

Thanks,
duane

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
Hi Duane

My stops are usually Negreira, Olveiroa, Cee, then Finisterre.
In both Negreira and Olveiroa I usually stay in the Xunta albergues, but in Cee I really like A Casa de Fonte.
In Finisterre the only place for me is albergue Cabo de Vila.

Davey

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
The best place to stop is where you are tired. Have fun and Buen Camino!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
Albergue Monte Aro in Lago is fantastic

Looks pretty spiffy and wish I could check it out on my upcoming camino. If I have time after I finish I am going to do the walk to Muxia. Never did that one. But there will be more caminos!

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés, '14 '17 Finisterre, '14 '17 '18 Primitivo, '15 '18 Portuguese, '17, '18 San Salvador, '18
I also like the Casa Loncho in Olveiroa, although that is a long stage from Negreira. Maybe better to stay in the Monte Aro. In the restaurant by the Casa Loncho you can get meals at the restaurant anytime, something like 6 am to 10 pm. Lovely!
In Negreira I liked the Hostal Pensión La Mezquita. First time my husband and I actually had a KING-sized bed, with a huge buffet breakfast included for only 50 E! They also have a very nice albergue there if you prefer it.
You might be interested in my blog - loaded with more info! Click: Camino Finisterre.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
We did Negreira, Santa Mariña, Cee, Finisterre - but that was 2016. I think some albergues have opened up in other villages that might allow you to avoid a 30+ km stretch.

Jim Stinson

ibrew4u
Camino(s) past & future
5/2015 CF
4/2017 CF
5/2019 CF fr Astorga
Beware the Mercado in Negreira. Was closed on Sunday, and not open until 10am Monday. Come stocked if that’s your day there.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%