• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Santiago to Finisterre in 4 days - best stopping points?

DuaneS

Time of past OR future Camino
April 4th from SJPDP - May 5, 2017 - Complete!
Hi everyone,

I completed the Camino Frances from SJPDP to Santiago in 2017, and I'm meeting some friends shortly in Santiago to do a four day walk to Finisterre. Can someone let us know where the best places to stop are for a four-day leisurely trip, and potentially since nice albergues or hostels at those points? Given that our route/time is fixed, I may try to reserve a few spots to take some of the pressure off.

Thanks,
duane

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I enjoyed my stay at Albergue Horreo in Olveiroa. It also has rooms (Casa Loncho) and a restaurant. I liked wandering around the neighborhood too. Quite a few horreos there.

Hi Duane

My stops are usually Negreira, Olveiroa, Cee, then Finisterre.
In both Negreira and Olveiroa I usually stay in the Xunta albergues, but in Cee I really like A Casa de Fonte.
In Finisterre the only place for me is albergue Cabo de Vila.

Davey

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Albergue Monte Aro in Lago is fantastic

Looks pretty spiffy and wish I could check it out on my upcoming camino. If I have time after I finish I am going to do the walk to Muxia. Never did that one. But there will be more caminos!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I also like the Casa Loncho in Olveiroa, although that is a long stage from Negreira. Maybe better to stay in the Monte Aro. In the restaurant by the Casa Loncho you can get meals at the restaurant anytime, something like 6 am to 10 pm. Lovely!
In Negreira I liked the Hostal Pensión La Mezquita. First time my husband and I actually had a KING-sized bed, with a huge buffet breakfast included for only 50 E! They also have a very nice albergue there if you prefer it.
You might be interested in my blog - loaded with more info! Click: Camino Finisterre.

Beware the Mercado in Negreira. Was closed on Sunday, and not open until 10am Monday. Come stocked if that’s your day there.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Back