• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to finisterre in april

eddeg

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria yo santiago twice
I'm starting in Santiago on 18/04/18 and walking to finisterre just wondering if there would be many pilgrims on the route that time of year

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
When I’m correct there where about 52 Pilgrims on that road during the month in 2017 .
This is according the Pilgrimsoffice .

Whis you well , Peter .

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
When I’m correct there where about 52 Pilgrims on that road during the month in 2017 .

Whis you well , Peter .
That is a dismal number. But how would the Pilgrim Office know about people going from Santiago to Fisterra anyways? I would say at least 50 a day, not for the month.

Whis you well , Peter .

Sounds right to me.
Walked it twice in August. First time in 2012, there were 3 of us - we only met briefly, on and off ie I walked totally on my own.
Second time, 2016: maybe at most 7 of us. Again, all walking was on my own (but with my walking mate this time).
Plenty of people once in Fisterra and MuxĂ­a though but they went by bus....
A very solitary walk :cool:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ok, again, how on earth does the PO keep track of people walking away from Santiago? It hands out certificates for people arriving to it, not leaving it. My guess is that these dismal numbers are for those walking into Santiago. Because albergues in May on 2016 were packed on the “Epilogo”. Numbers may be a little lower in April, but let’s not forget also that last year Easter was in early April, so even more people than usual would have been out there.

Perhaps @t2andreo can explain where the PO got these numbers, since it doesn’t run a certificate giving booth on the coast.

The PO doesn’t tell us how many people are out there, only how many came in asking for a certificate from the various routes. No certificate, no stats.

Perhaps @t2andreo can explain where the PO got these numbers, since it doesn’t run a certificate giving booth on the coast.
You can get a certificate in both Finisterre and Muxia but they are not given by the pilgrim's office. Perhaps the pilgrim's office uses this for their number though. It would be a low number as most pilgrims probably don't know about these certificates and some who do won't ask for them.

You can get a certificate in both Finisterre and Muxia but they are not given by the pilgrim's office. Perhaps the pilgrim's office uses this for their number though. It would be a low number as most pilgrims probably don't know about these certificates and some who do won't ask for them.
The way the Fisterana and Muxiana are handed out, I really doubt the data, if kept, is transferred to the high and mighty PO. The Fisterana for example is handed out in a number of places, the town hall, and when it’s closed in a few albergues. Waiting to T2 to chime in.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back