• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Arriva buses run daily between Santiago and Finisterre. The trip is between 2.5 hours and 3 hours depending on whether the bus driver decides to stop for a coffee or not!

The first bus to Fisterra is at 9am and the last bus leaves Finisterre for Santiago at 18.00 (6:00 PM) Sunday through Friday, and 15.00 (3:00 PM) on Saturdays. Seven (7) buses run Monday through Friday, and three (3) on Saturday and Sunday.

The telephone number for Arriva Buses is 981 488 511. If you go to the tourist information desk in Santiago, you can get information on the Arriva bus station and a card with bus hours.

Arriva/Finisterre buses run from Santiago to Fisterra (2½hr.; M-F 9am, 10am, 12pm and 7pm, Sa 9 and 10am, 12 and 3:20pm, Su 9 and 10am; €11.75, round-trip €21.40)
and back (M-F 8:20 and 11:45am, 2:45, 4:45 and 7pm; Sa 11:45am, 1:45, 4:45 and 7pm; Su 11:45am, 4:45 and 7pm.).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Castromil / Monbus
902 29 29 00
http://www.monbus.es
Rutas menos
Santiago - A Coruña (por AP-9)
Santiago - Sigüeiro - Ordes - A Coruña
Santiago - Pontevedra - Vigo (por AP-9)
Santiago - Padrón - Caldas de Reis - Pontevedra - Vigo
Santiago - Ferrol (por AP-9 e Pontedeume)
Santiago - Ordes - Betanzos
Santiago - Noia
Santiago - Noia - Muros
Santiago - Muros - Cee - Fisterra
Santiago - Noia - Muros - Cee - Fisterra
Santiago - Lalín - Ourense (por AP-53)
Santiago - Silleda - Lalín - Ourense
Santiago - Silleda - Lalín - Ourense - Verín
Santiago - Silleda - Lalín - Chantada - Monforte
Santiago - Silleda - Lalín - Chantada - Monforte - A Rúa - O Barco
Santiago - Cacheiras - Cuntis - Moraña
Santiago - Vilagarcía - Cambados - O Grove - A Toxa
Santiago - Vilagarcía - Vilanova - Cambados - O Grove - A Toxa
Santiago - Vilagarcía - Cambados - Sanxenxo - O Grove - A Toxa

The schedule for Monbus is:
http://www.monbus.es/horarios/consulta. ... =2011-4-22

return:
http://www.monbus.es/horarios/consulta. ... =2011-4-22

Arriva seems to go elsewhere:
Arriva Noroeste
902 27 74 82
http://www.arriva.es
Rutas menos
Santiago - Curtis
Santiago - Curtis - Vilalba
Santiago - Curtis - Vilalba - Mondoñedo - Burela / Ribadeo
Santiago - As Pontes - Viveiro
Santiago - Padrón - Araño - Boiro - Ribeira
Santiago - Padrón - Rianxo - Boiro - Ribeira
Santiago - Boiro - Ribeira - Aguiño (por AP-9 e vía rápida)
Santiago - Ferrol (por AP-9 e Guísamo)
Santiago - Ferrol (por AP-9 e Fene)
Santiago - Ferrol (por AP-9 e Pontedeume)
Santiago - Ordes - Betanzos - Miño - Pontedeume - Ferrol

Neither of those are for Finisterre ??

Fisterra = Finisterre, then! The Monbus schedule links will die in a week, as the date in them will have passed, but the Monbus website link will lead to the schedule that is in effect.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Falcon sent me a pm suggesting I look up the Spanish spelling of Finisterre - which is, of course ..... Finisterre!
I think you meant the Galician spelling which is Fisterra. :)
My apologies Falcon - it looks like Monbus have taken over the Santiago Finisterre route from Arriva.

Timetable: Santiago to Fisterra - 9am - 10am - 1pm - 7pm
Returning: 8h20 - 11h45 - 16h45 (they've dropped a number of the buses from both routes)
The bus stops right outside the albergue in Fisterra.

Attachments

• Fisterra albergue.jpg
    Fisterra albergue.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 9,455
I am hopelessly and cluelessly monolingual. I assumed that a committee somewhere in Spain had not decided over the last thousand years whether it was Fisterra or Finisterre. There is an elegance in being able to spell the same word two different ways, so I have always been tolerant of the imprecision. Sillydoll was able to use both spellings in her post quite comfortably, so the world is still aligned properly! It wasn't until my third Camino that it dawned on me that "junta" and "xunta" referred to the same thing. The committee on that one must still be meeting, too. If they ever decide, the spray paint duel between the "x" and "j" graffiti people may see an end.

Ultreia/ultreya/ultreiya... Forget about it -- animo.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
BIG mistake! Mentioning on this forum that you have downloaded copywrite material, the moral police will soon be casting stones at you.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back