• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

Jock C

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2014 Camino Francis (part)
Can anyone tell me how good the route markings are and what criteria is required to receive the Finisterana certificate?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Welcome Jock. The route is very well marked. Get your passport stamped at each albergue on the way there as normal then when you get to Finisterre go to the albergue at the town centre and get your compostella there.
Buen Camino.

Thanks. If the albergues are full and you have to go elsewhere will it still count?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Out of curiosity, do the private hotels en route also have stamps or only the hostals/albergues?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I found stamps in all the bars/cafes I stopped at. I only stayed in albergues, but it would surprise me if hotels were not able to stamp your credencial.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do the private hotels en route also have stamps or only the hostals/albergues?
All the private hotels have stamps. If, for some reason, they do not have a stamp handy, just ask them to write the name of the hotel in the next space on your credential, and to sign it, and date it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I missed markers a couple of times. It means backtracking till you find the path again. Marking is sparser than the Frances but it is adequate.

Hotel, tourist offices (officina de tourisma), municipal offices (concello de .....), churches, libraries, pharmacies (farmacia), even grocery stores have stamps. and fyi, you don't have to stay in an albergue to ask for a stamp, at least I didn't. Most recommend getting at least 2 stamps a day, but you can get as many as you like.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back