Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Santiago to Finisterre

Skol

Past OR future Camino
French way, last 110k in April 2014
Hi, we have 3 days to walk parts or most of the Santiago to Finisterre way at the end of March - would really appreciate suggestions on the best parts to include in our walking plan as doing the full way in 3 days may not be possible.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Kurt5280

Crazy Enough To Try It Again!
Past OR future Camino
Frances: SJPDP to Finisterre & Muxia 9/15 (MTB) - Norte: Bayonne to Muxia & Finisterre 9/18 (MTB)
In only three days...I would take a bus from Santiago to Cee and then hike to Sardineiro were you can switch and hike along the beach boardwalks to Finisterre...in the evening hike up to the lighthouse...the next day I would hike to Muxia along the coast of which about 5 km of the trail is on a beautiful beach...in the evening hike out to the cathedral on the ocean...this gives you an extra day to rest or for weather...and you can take a bus back from both Finisterre and Muxia...basically the best hiking trail with an ocean view is between Finisterre and Muxia.

Dutch

Straightforward
Past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC sept '13
Porto-SdC May '14
SdC-Finis/Muxia May '14
SJPP-Finisterre sept '14
Pamplona-Burgos march '15
Porto - Sdc may '15
Camino salkantay june '15
SJPP - SdC aug/sept '15

Pacific Crest Trail april thru sept 2016
I walked it in 2 and in 3 days, so it may be possible although i get the long distance walking is not for all.

I would surely not miss the last day where you can walk the last part of the day on the beach entering Finisterre.

Maybe start in Negreira which about 63 km from Finisterre
Or Vilaserio, about 50+ km from Finisterre
Or santa Mariña, about 40+ km from Finisterre.

Skol

Past OR future Camino
In only three days...I would take a bus from Santiago to Cee and then hike to Sardineiro were you can switch and hike along the beach boardwalks to Finisterre...in the evening hike up to the lighthouse...the next day I would hike to Muxia along the coast of which about 5 km of the trail is on a beautiful beach...in the evening hike out to the cathedral on the ocean...this gives you an extra day to rest or for weather...and you can take a bus back from both Finisterre and Muxia...basically the best hiking trail with an ocean view is between Finisterre and Muxia.
Great suggestions. thanks. I like the idea of taking the hiking trail from Finisterre to Muxia.

Skol

Past OR future Camino
I walked it in 2 and in 3 days, so it may be possible although i get the long distance walking is not for all.

I would surely not miss the last day where you can walk the last part of the day on the beach entering Finisterre.

Maybe start in Negreira which about 63 km from Finisterre
Or Vilaserio, about 50+ km from Finisterre
Or santa Mariña, about 40+ km from Finisterre.
Thanks a mil - i think starting at Vilaserio or Santa Marina might be an option for us and that will give us time to walk to Muxia as well.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads