A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Santiago to finisterre

Eddieg

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2013,14,16.
Santiago to finisterre on the 18/04/2018
Hi I'm flying in to Santiago on Tuesday and start walking Wednesday morning, was wondering would there be maney people around, i have done sarria to Santiago a few times before but have herd this section is much quieter.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
The average number of arrivals this month is 686 per day. It is hard to guess how many will continue on to the coast, but there will be "some." The weather has been bad, so many pilgrims are very tired. On the other hand, the weather is forecast to improve, so many may want to keep going to Fisterra or Muxia. Yes, those sections are much quieter.

Eddieg

Camino(s) past & future
The average number of arrivals this month is 686 per day. It is hard to guess how many will continue on to the coast, but there will be "some." The weather has been bad, so many pilgrims are very tired. On the other hand, the weather is forecast to improve, so many may want to keep going to Fisterra or Muxia. Yes, those sections are much quieter.
Thank you, just one other thing can I bring my credentials from my last Camino 2 years ago and carry on with it to finisterre and a certificate their.

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)
Hi I'm flying in to Santiago on Tuesday and start walking Wednesday morning, was wondering would there be maney people around, i have done sarria to Santiago a few times before but have herd this section is much quieter.
Extremely isolated-few people and few cafes

ElAines

Camino(s) past & future
Muxía-Finisterre May 2015
Inglés & Finisterre Sept 2018
I walked 3 years ago in May, and although we had a guide in hand didn’t really use it at all. Easy to just follow the marks. We did Muxia then Fisterra though, which is meant to be easier to spot.

Also had no problems with supplies due to a cafe frequency, but carried 2litrrs of water each (a bit less would have been fine and it was a super hot year - 30+ degrees) and plenty of snacks.

Buen camino!

Eddieg

Camino(s) past & future
Yes. They are as good as on the Camino Frances to Fisterra. You will need a sharper eye getting to Muxia, either from Santiago or Fisterra.
Great thanks so much for your help.

Eddieg

Camino(s) past & future
I walked 3 years ago in May, and although we had a guide in hand didn’t really use it at all. Easy to just follow the marks. We did Muxia then Fisterra though, which is meant to be easier to spot.

Also had no problems with supplies due to a cafe frequency, but carried 2litrrs of water each (a bit less would have been fine and it was a super hot year - 30+ degrees) and plenty of snacks.

Buen camino!
Thank you

Camino(s) past & future
2015 Vol Pilgrim office
'16 Spt-Oct SJpP-Muxia
'17 Pamplona-Finisterra
'18 Vol Pilgrim House
Hi Eddieg, there is a Credencial available at an office in the Pilgrim Office complex especially for the Way to Finisterre and Muxia. I seem to remember that it was across the courtyard from the Pilgrim Office.
The cover says, "Prolongacion Xacobea a Fisterra e Muxia- Credencial do Peregrino" I picked it up last year in October. I received the document in Finisterre with only 1 cello per day. Be sure to get the cello from the guy
near the lighthouse, that says "THE END-FISTERRA" with an image of the 00.00KM marker.
Buen Camino

Jim

Camino(s) past & future
2006- Camino Portuguese
2008- Camino Frances
2009- Sanabres extension of the VDLP
2010- Camino Frances
2011- Camino Potuguese
2014- Camino Frances
2017- Camino Finisterre
I was walking the SDC-Fin-Mux route in Jun 2017. Way marks are just as good as on the Frances. It had been noted to be much improved with distances to both Fin and Mux until the point at which the trail divides for the two cities. Easy to find your way. There is a guidebook by Brierley for this route.

Eddieg

Camino(s) past & future
I was walking the SDC-Fin-Mux route in Jun 2017. Way marks are just as good as on the Frances. It had been noted to be much improved with distances to both Fin and Mux until the point at which the trail divides for the two cities. Easy to find your way. There is a guidebook by Brierley for this route.
Thanks I have that book

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2017); Finisterre (2018)
We just finished walking Finisterre to Muxia to Santiago. This was against the arrow from Muxia to Santiago and was a challenge. It’s been so rainy that we had a hard time seeing arrows on the pavement and we had to guess at the pillar arrows but with three of us, we figured it out.
It was very quiet between Finisterre and Muxia and it rained every day. Lots of deep mud outside Lires but the walk is breathtakingly beautiful. Shops are open and alburgues need the business. You will have a great walk.

Dace_L

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese (2015, 2016)
Portuguese Coastal way (June, 2016)
Finisterre (Apr 30-May 04 2018)
Going to start walking Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre on April 30. So i have a question about getting out of Santiago. Is the way well marked in the city?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2017); Finisterre (2018)
We came into the city instead of leaving and knew where we were going. We had no problem following it up to Roots and Boots alburgue and went to our hotel from there. The Brierly maps show it pretty well -

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2, El Norte incompleto
Extremely isolated-few people and few cafes
I didn't find it extremely isolated at all either time that I walked. I walked from Santiago to Finisterre in 2017, and last year I walked Santiago - Muxia - Finisterre. I did find that there were fewer pilgrims when I split off towards Muxia.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%