• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to finisterre

Eddieg

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago 2013,14,16.
Santiago to finisterre on the 18/04/2018
Hi I'm flying in to Santiago on Tuesday and start walking Wednesday morning, was wondering would there be maney people around, i have done sarria to Santiago a few times before but have herd this section is much quieter.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The average number of arrivals this month is 686 per day. It is hard to guess how many will continue on to the coast, but there will be "some." The weather has been bad, so many pilgrims are very tired. On the other hand, the weather is forecast to improve, so many may want to keep going to Fisterra or Muxia. Yes, those sections are much quieter.

The average number of arrivals this month is 686 per day. It is hard to guess how many will continue on to the coast, but there will be "some." The weather has been bad, so many pilgrims are very tired. On the other hand, the weather is forecast to improve, so many may want to keep going to Fisterra or Muxia. Yes, those sections are much quieter.
Thank you, just one other thing can I bring my credentials from my last Camino 2 years ago and carry on with it to finisterre and a certificate their.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi I'm flying in to Santiago on Tuesday and start walking Wednesday morning, was wondering would there be maney people around, i have done sarria to Santiago a few times before but have herd this section is much quieter.
Extremely isolated-few people and few cafes

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Way marks??
I walked 3 years ago in May, and although we had a guide in hand didn’t really use it at all. Easy to just follow the marks. We did Muxia then Fisterra though, which is meant to be easier to spot.

Also had no problems with supplies due to a cafe frequency, but carried 2litrrs of water each (a bit less would have been fine and it was a super hot year - 30+ degrees) and plenty of snacks.

Buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked 3 years ago in May, and although we had a guide in hand didn’t really use it at all. Easy to just follow the marks. We did Muxia then Fisterra though, which is meant to be easier to spot.

Also had no problems with supplies due to a cafe frequency, but carried 2litrrs of water each (a bit less would have been fine and it was a super hot year - 30+ degrees) and plenty of snacks.

Buen camino!
Thank you

Hi Eddieg, there is a Credencial available at an office in the Pilgrim Office complex especially for the Way to Finisterre and Muxia. I seem to remember that it was across the courtyard from the Pilgrim Office.
The cover says, "Prolongacion Xacobea a Fisterra e Muxia- Credencial do Peregrino" I picked it up last year in October. I received the document in Finisterre with only 1 cello per day. Be sure to get the cello from the guy
near the lighthouse, that says "THE END-FISTERRA" with an image of the 00.00KM marker.
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was walking the SDC-Fin-Mux route in Jun 2017. Way marks are just as good as on the Frances. It had been noted to be much improved with distances to both Fin and Mux until the point at which the trail divides for the two cities. Easy to find your way. There is a guidebook by Brierley for this route.
Way marks??

I was walking the SDC-Fin-Mux route in Jun 2017. Way marks are just as good as on the Frances. It had been noted to be much improved with distances to both Fin and Mux until the point at which the trail divides for the two cities. Easy to find your way. There is a guidebook by Brierley for this route.
Thanks I have that book

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We just finished walking Finisterre to Muxia to Santiago. This was against the arrow from Muxia to Santiago and was a challenge. It’s been so rainy that we had a hard time seeing arrows on the pavement and we had to guess at the pillar arrows but with three of us, we figured it out.
It was very quiet between Finisterre and Muxia and it rained every day. Lots of deep mud outside Lires but the walk is breathtakingly beautiful. Shops are open and alburgues need the business. You will have a great walk.

Going to start walking Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre on April 30. So i have a question about getting out of Santiago. Is the way well marked in the city?

We came into the city instead of leaving and knew where we were going. We had no problem following it up to Roots and Boots alburgue and went to our hotel from there. The Brierly maps show it pretty well -

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Extremely isolated-few people and few cafes
I didn't find it extremely isolated at all either time that I walked. I walked from Santiago to Finisterre in 2017, and last year I walked Santiago - Muxia - Finisterre. I did find that there were fewer pilgrims when I split off towards Muxia.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back