• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

Daisyray2018

Time of past OR future Camino
19th May 2018 - Sarria to Santiago
I am hoping to walk this route at end of May 2018. As I am walking on my own I would like to know how busy this route would be at this time as I enjoy my own company but I do want to know that there are people about.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am hoping to walk this route at end of May 2018. As I am walking on my own I would like to know how busy this route would be at this time as I enjoy my own company but I do want to know that there are people about.
You will have company. Not a lot, but you will not be alone.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I WALKED IT LAST SEPT. IT WAS PRETTY ISOLATED

I walked solo from SDC to Muxia then to Finisterre in June 2015, and from SDC to Finisterre in June 2017. Enough pilgrims to fill some popular albergues especially when it rained (Casa Pepe in Santa Marina), but never very many in total. There were enough to feel like I was never too far from help, if I needed it. And, thank goodness, I never did!

I left Santiago this morning around 8.30 and possibly because it was a Saturday and the weather is lovely there are quite a few pilgrims on the walk ( at least around 30 the same speed as me) I am walking solo but there was always someone not more than 5-10 mins ahead or behind so certainly not too isolated)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi!
I walked from Santiago to Finesterre in May 2016 and although the route was much quieter than before Santiago, it really didn't feel secluded at all . Of my entire camino, I enjoyed the accomodation in Negreira the most...such a kind lady and a really nice hostal, just as you come into town.
Enjoy this special part of the Camino...nothing compares to the feeling when you see the sea at Muxia and the beautiful church built right on the rocks....also walking into Finesterra from Muxia was very very special.
Lindie

I will continue on to Muxia and then Fisterre after the CF bit a bit later as I start off in SJPP on May 7. Hoping to make it to Muxia for Father's Day as my pilgrimage is dedicated to my parents and Dad would have been 100 this year. Traffic on the Camino West of Santiago is normally lighter than any path coming into Santiago, I look forward to quiet times and walking with opther pilgrims, as the times present themselves.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked it in August 2016. I remember reading that about 5-10% of pilgrims will go on to walk to Finisterre. That seemed a reasonable estimate. There were certainly a number of pilgrims on the route. A number of places had multiple albergues and the albergues that we stayed in all seemed to have a number of pilgrims. We also saw other pilgrims at the bars where we rested during the day's walk. But it also was certainly much quieter than the masses on the Camino after Sarria.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back