• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

Contesa3200

Time of past OR future Camino
May 20-30 2023
Hello,
I would like to do a day trip to finisterre any suggestions on how best to get there from Santiago? Bus train ot taxi. Days of travel Sunday or Monday late May

Gracias

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello,
I would like to do a day trip to finisterre any suggestions on how best to get there from Santiago? Bus train ot taxi. Days of travel Sunday or Monday late May

Gracias
Hola

Probably bus.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There are some great day trips from Santiago offered by various tour companies that take you to Finisterre, Muxia and a couple of other places of interest. Their offices are along whatever street that is that runs by the post office (sorry don't recall the name of the street??) toward the Plaza de Galicia.

Hello,

Gracias
Hi
After my first Camino my son joined me for a week in SDC. We hired a car for a day and basically drove the route that the tour buses take but to our own timetable. It allowed us space and time to take everything in. We shared with two American pilgrims I had met at various times on route from SJPDP and this made the car hire a very competitive option. There are a several car hire offices close to the train/bus station. Hope this helps.
Buen Camino
Vince.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are a number of tour
There are some great day trips from Santiago offered by various tour companies that take you to Finisterre, Muxia and a couple of other places of interest. Their offices are along whatever street that is that runs by the post office (sorry don't recall the name of the street??)
These tour companies usually have representatives with flyers near the Cathedral.

After walking to Finisterre/Muxía several times I took one of the tours in 2019 with my friend who has a leg injury that kept her from doing much walking. It was great to see some of the other parts of the Costa da Morte that I hadn't seen before.
The tour company let us interrupt our tour in Finisterre where we spent the night, then the next day my friend caught that day's bus while I walked to Muxía.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back